Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So scared about cervical cancer

Re: So scared about cervical cancer

Did you get the results yet?

Nope - still waiting and driving me crazy!

I'm off on holiday next Thursday and can't decide now if I want results before or not. I do if good news so can enjoy holiday but bad results could ruin whole thing!

Can you ring your doctors & ask for the result? I did before i got the letter x

Argh so my boyfriend just went home and read the letter. Borderline changes, but didn't test positive for HPV. Say come back in Jan 2018, but I'm obviously completely in a mess now as also says come back if have unusual discharge, bleeding and pain with sex etc etc all of which I've had :( :( :(

Going to try and get doctors appointment this afternoon, but that's going to ruin my holiday now as predicted and prevent me from getting anything done for next few weeks :( x

Hi I had a smear test in December which came back with borderline changes and they tested for hpv but couldn't get a result from it so I have to go back in may for another test I was in a right state when it came back and I went to the docs she said you may get a normal result next time but if you do need treatment they laser the bad cells away I do no people who have had it done and said it wasn't to bad, the fact they don't want to see you till 2018 is a goid thing and it is the hpv that causes most problems which you do not have so I no its hard but take the good points out of it and don't worry if they were concerned they would not make you wait 3 year.

Thanks! You're definitely right. Wish letter didn't say basically 'it's fine, but be worried if you have these symptoms' though - all symptoms i have. Went to GP this afternoon though and she's not worried either so got to try and relax. Going to try and bury it now and enjoy my weekend! x

Panic attack - had been feeling better and trusting GP that borderline smear no HPV meant I was OK. But had sex last night and now bleeding again. How can I trust all is OK and get on with life if can't enjoy sex without pain and bleeding

Just an update on me. Still been worried about my symptoms for months and been back to GP few times. She continues to think I'm fine but referred me to gynaecological service who I saw on Friday. She has done another smear for me (she said just for my reassurance not becuase she was worried) and whilst there said she found a "graze" on my cervix so she put some silver nitrate on that in case that was causing my discharge. She told me I might have brown/black discharge for few days, but I'm in a right state this evening as I've had quite red blood and had lots of cramping :(. So now in a right state again and dreading getting results. Doctor said she wasn't worried by anything she saw but I don't feel good :( :( this fear has plagued me for over a year now - just want to get over it!!

Called gynaecologist today to see if results were in. Receptionist said yes but doctor needed to talk to me about them and she's not back in until Tuesday :(. Sure fire way to ruin my weekend! Presumably definitely something wrong or would have just said 'yes theyre back and normal?' Sx

Any thoughts anyone?? Had tough weekend :( x

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information