Thread: persistent cold symptoms and son operation tomorrow

persistent cold symptoms and son operation tomorrow

Hi,
    I am very worried at the moment and never felt so bad. It all started beginning of December with a sore throat for a week coupled with a blocked nose. After that I felt tired for a couple of days and got a blocked runny nose and sneezing spree for another week. I am now coughing phlegm and sometimes feel fatigued. I also have some chest and back aches between shoulder blades, started yesterday. I am also feeling cold. I am so worried I either have leukaemia or lung cancer.

Also my son has glue ear and tomorrow he will be doing the grommets operation.

Please help as I can't take this anymore.
    Last edited by maltahypo; 04-01-15 at 12:20.

Re: persistent cold symptoms and son operation tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by maltahypo View Post
    Hi,
    I am very worried at the moment and never felt so bad. It all started beginning of December with a sore throat for a week coupled with a blocked nose. After that I felt tired for a couple of days and got a blocked runny nose and sneezing spree for another week. I am now coughing phlegm and sometimes feel fatigued. I also have some chest and back aches between shoulder blades, started yesterday. I am also feeling cold. I am so worried I either have leukaemia or lung cancer.

Also my son has glue ear and tomorrow he will be doing the grommets operation.

Please help as I can't take this anymore.
    Hi,

I think you may have possibly developed a bacterial infection (don't worry). This can sometimes happen after a viral infection such as a cold and the body usually takes care of it. The fact you're having a productive cough suggests this (coughing up) then again, it could still be viral and the fact you're worrying is taking a toll on your immune system, making it less responsive. I would visit your docotor and they may prescribe you a small course of antibiotics to clear things up if they think its bacterial. This is all very minor and I really don't think you have anything to worry about.

Make an appointment with the GP, you'll be fine.

PS. Can I ask, what made you jump from a cold to leukaemia or lung cancer?

John.

I do not know John. I just feel really bad, crying and stuff...

Thanks a lot for letting me know what you think.

I've had symptoms like this on and off for 3 months since put heating on, very dry hear, not getting enough fresh air etc, stress anxiety does not help I'm queen if drama, I have gone from lung cancer to throat etc etc, I have PTSD and awaiting trauma therapy so this is where it has all stemmed from. Last time I was at dr was Xmas eve and before that week before chest clear just viral had bloods etc done September. Sadly most of time it's in our heads.Once your son is out of hospital tomorrow, DVD bed chocolate hot toadie ANd try relax as last few days I have and I think cough is easing, oh and forgot I did have ebola to as on train in glasgow

Thread Information