Thread: copper coil

copper coil

Hi all , just wanted to know anybody's experience with the copper coil, had mine 4 months still have bleeding in between periods, read this is common, also had bad health anxiety since having it fitted concerning BC, many thanx xxx

Re: copper coil

Heya I have an IUD with copper, had mine a few years now, I do get quote a lot of spotting before periods and after so its almost like it never stops some months.... I also get a lot more period pain than before I had it fitted. I had it checked out and had an ultrasound to make sure it was still in place and no perforation s as that worried me but was all fine, I'd recommend asking for a check to make sure all ok and set your mind at rest, mine was all NHS btw so no fees.... I guess for me the pros outweigh the cons at the mo but its personal choice, hope this goes towards helping, love and light Sootica xx

Thank you, it has calmed down a bit, hopefully body getting used to it,thanx for reassurance xxx

If you're looking to read other women's experiences of the coil I highly recommend checking out The Lowdown - they collect and share thousands of reviews of contraceptive methods including the IUD! So cool https://thelowdown.com/contraceptives/copper-coil-iud
    Last edited by EShepherd; 02-02-22 at 13:26.

I never had bleeding in between but when I had periods they was extremely heavy and very clotty. Made me really anaemic. I also had recurrent cystitis. Not sure if there was any connection but when I got it taken out 6m later, all of my symptoms disappeared. I had the worse cramps when it was removed though so I'm not sure whether it was incorrectly inserted when I had it done. It's non hormonal so I don't know why it would be causing you to bleed in brween your period xxx

Thread Information