Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I made it through!

I made it through!

It's been a while since I have posted about myself, but here goes (it's super silly I know)

My family and I drove to the other side of the Island on Sunday, it is such a beautiful drive. As we're driving we were able to see a few water falls that look like little silver necklaces. We were having a great time. Even through this wonderful time I had this gnawing feeling the whole time. I am a great actress (as we all are w/this kinda stuff) I smiled, laughed at the appropriate times, etc.

The gnawing feeling was there because I knew we had to drive back. Now this consists of driving over what looks to me like I am just suspended in the air by nothing. Sorry if you can't picture it. We're extremely high up and I can't see what is holding the freeway up. It is so scary! So, I tell my husband that I feel panic coming on, instead of giving in I get on the cell phone and call someone. It's madness I know but it helped! I made it through. I know this pales incomparison to other accomplishments, but part of my flying phobia I know has to do w/heights.

My anxiety has been so sky high lately that I am just proud that I made it through such a silly thing as this!

"Be The Change You Want To See In The World"...

Take Care of You,

Tina

WELL DONE Tina,
    thats really good to hear. it's sounds like a beautiful place with all the waterfalls. i know how you feel about heights im the same. i'd love to fly back home to visit my family but just cant do it. talking to someone usually helps me aswell when i feel panic coming. you should be really proud of yourself. take care, tina
    love,
    twiglet xx

Tina

Well done on coping - great news.

Every achievement is an achievement however small you may think it is.

You did really well to cope.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
    People will forget what you did
    But people will never forget how you made them feel

My Dear Tina,

Oh it sounds beautiful where you live. I am so proud of you and it sounds like a huge accomplishment. Never compare yourself to others. I think anyone would like to see that they are not suspended in air (at least I would)! What a great idea of how to cope too. So very very happy for you.

Love you my friend,

Laura

"Our thoughts are our reality"

Well Done Tina hun xxxxxxoooooooxxxxxxx

Take Care

Mandyxx

Hi tina,
    Well done.
    You should be so very proud of yourself.
    When we go to visit our friends in lancashire we have to drive over a bridge called Thellwall viaduct. My god im petrified. Years ago i would think nothing of it but my fear just keep getting worse.
    I focus on my mobile phone while my hubbys driving and end up sending txts to anyone in order to keep my mind occupied.

Take care
    LYNN xx

Thank you all!

I know it's nothing huge, but it seemed big at the time. [:I]

"Be The Change You Want To See In The World"...

Take Care of You,

Tina

hey tina beena
    sounds beautiful i will be there one day and no ya shouldnt feel foolish ........ya got anxious just like the rest of us..i do the same if im not driving and we are going somewhere far i will get on my cell to ditract myself nothing wrong with that my friend........your a great lady ya did a good job ya had a tad of a spell and got thru it.......love ya .....Linda[8D]
    (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((TINA))))))))) )))))))))))))))))))))))))

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote"> So, I tell my husband that I feel panic coming on, instead of giving in I get on the cell phone and call someone. It's madness I know but it helped! I made it through. </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    That's fantastic!! You rode it out...got through it and carried on. I really admire you! I'm starting to feel my fear but find letting it pass very difficult.

Hope you make that journey again soon and can really enjoy it now!
    xs

Well done you!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information