Thread: So scared cervical erosion and polyp

So scared cervical erosion and polyp

Hi, I'm new (though have been lurking on and off for years when I've had health anxiety flare ups)

Yesterday I had a smear and swabs taken has bleed 3 days after sex last week. I went to drs in tears and he put me straight in with the nurse. I haven't had a smear for ages as have always been so scared of any kind of test. The nurse was really lovely and talked me through everything. I had my 3rd child 6 months ago. She told me I had an erosion and a small polyp. She reassured me I would be fine and will call me with the results as she knows I will just sit and worry which I am. I am unbelievably scared and as adamant that it is cancer. I fall asleep fine then wake up in a panic at 3 in the morning. I've stupidly googled erosion and polyp and it does say erosion can be also be a early sign if cancer. I can't get it out if my head and just want to cry. The nurse said she didn't think it was and it was more then her jobsworths to tell me wrong information. But I just feel like I'm going to an exception to the rule and it's going to be serious. Someone help me :(

Re: So scared cervical erosion and polyp

I COMPLETELY sympathise! As you can see from thread below I am also convinced of the worst re my cervix and have been basically a mess all week - beating myself up for all those missed symptoms, racking my brain for what happened and when, playing out all the scenarios in my head - how will my boyfriend survive on his own, how sad it is to never have kids etc etc.

I think that the best we can do is a) try and trust drs when they say it is prob OK - unfortunately we can never know 100% and b) try and distract ourselves until - hopefully positive - test results arrive. I've found putting on music or the radio and really trying to listen to it and block everything else has been good but no it is harder said than done!! Sure you'll be fine and hopefullynthatll be confirmed quickly for you. Let me know how you get on x

Hi, I am a new member too. I can understand your worries. Myself, I am in a panic now as I have something (polyp or cyst) high in my vagina. I discovered it by an accident while was checking myself for....rectal cancer signs. I had an ultrasound which showed 1.5 echogenic sth in my vagina close to the cervix. I am waiting for the gyn app (22/1). In meantime,I am it total mess. I keep panicking. We just have to wait. I hope we will be fine

How did your results go

I ended up having to have another smear in June and it came back normal. Because I had a meltdown at the doctors I had to have my cervix checked because of my erosion. Doctor then referred me to hospital for a check just to see if it was ok. Had that done in September confirmed erosion and had to have a biopsy. Today I got the results suggesting no cin but I need a repeat in a year. Anyone else had this? It's completley thrown me ��

Thread Information