Thread: Ibs - can it feel like period pains?

Question Ibs - can it feel like period pains?

Hi
    I've recently been suffering with ibs type symptoms I have some stomach cramping, never feel like my bowels are empty wind etc. the only thing I'm worried about is sometimes it feels like a dull period pain however I'm on the pill and not due my period for another 3 weeks. Is this normal? I'm starting to feel panicky that it's something more serious and need reassurance :(

Re: Ibs - can it feel like period pains?

I've been experiencing very similar problems Honey, and it's been worrying me and making me anxious, which I guess doesn't help! I did Google (I know I shouldn't have!) and it does seem that these symptoms can be IBS related. I was also diagnosed with fibroids a couple of years ago which the Dr said were pressing on my bowel, so I guess that doesn't help either, but my tummy has been particularly gurgly for the past few weeks.

Thanks for replying Tilly, nice to know I'm not on my own! I've never really suffered with ibs before just the odd grouchy tummy, but I had diarrhea and sickness a couple of weeks ago and my stomach just hasn't felt normal since then. I've read up on ibs and it seems like it's what I have but the deeper you get into Google the worser your "illness" gets. Yeah I don't suppose the anxiety helps! It does seem to be the more I think about it the worse I feel :(

Remember if you had a stomach bug it can affect the acids in your gut for a long time, and can be inflamed because it has been irritated. Sometimes weeks to settle down. My advice (as i've done it myself) is to drink lots and eat healthily as you usually would. Relax your stomach muscles and your mind!! My IBS flares up in my pelvis. I read somewhere you can have IBS anywhere inbetween your nipples to your thighs and around!! x

Thanks I will try that in the back of my mind I know it will pass there's just something niggling telling me it's worse

Hey, it could be worse, but it also could be nothing to worry about. A thought that always snaps me back to reality when I'm dealing with HA is that there are some seriously sick people out there who do not get in a panic over thier illness. How do they do it? The same way that I will have to do it when I'm feeling bad. Not be scared and not let it bother me. Feeling the odd pain is a side effect of being alive. It's a reminder we are real and life is precious!! So don't worry x

Thread Information