Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Controlling adrenalin

Controlling adrenalin

Hiya

I currently take Rescue Remedies as I am getting continuous panic attacks so it can make me feel a bit down and frustrated.

I'm glad that that is controlled but I need the panic attacks controlled, like the adrenalin. I found that when I get scared for some reason (which I'm still not sure why [V]) I get panicky.

Is there a natural remedy which controls the adrenalin? If not (I know Beta Blockers do this) then I may consult a doctor.

"My teddy last night was a paper bag, to keep my safe."

If you keep getting panic attacks, have you considered understanding why your unconsious mind is giving you them?

It's just that if you weren't born that way, something tripped them on at some stage and if you can release the hand that's still pressing the switch, you'll have no more panic attacks.

That's a less tiring approach that tapping into a sequence of natural or medical remedies.

Just a thought

rgds

Brian

I've found that if I fight the adrenalin 'rush' then it only gets worse. I have started just breathing (correctly) when I feel it coming on and not only does it go away faster than before but I don't have as many bouts with that feeling as I used to.
    Hope it helps
    xxx
    Sandy

If you need to control them then you need to practice your breathing, and it is so important that everyday you take time out on a night and do some relaxation techniques. Most people with anxiety issues never practice self relaxation techniques and you would be amazed as to how much of a difference it can make.

I recently hae been getting better with having control over my anxiety. Today I had a walk in the city centre on my own, and that is something I haven't done for a very very long time. I have had anxiety over 2 years and now I am learning to embrace fear instead of fighting it and it seems to work. You do get the nasty phsyical symptoms but then you have a choice of either fighting it or just having the courage to accept the feelings with open arms. Ironically when you accept them with open arms it goes away immediately. If you have had them for a long time then you know the whole process of a panic attack and what feelings you get. Observe these feelings and next time just say to yourself these feelings are awful BUT I have experienced them loads of times and nothing tragic has ever happened to me. Just say i am used to these feelings, and when you start accepting them (no matter how frightening it is) it goes away. It takes courage but its worth it. You have to stand up to it!

Brian - I've been thinking for AAAAGES what could be in my unconcsious mind that has triggered these off again but all I can think of is the fact that I was bullied alot through out my schooling years. But I just need to find out what has triggered those memories off that are in my everyday surroundings.

Sandy - I try not to fight it as such but to try and calm down. I try to breath correctly and take my mind of 'Panic Attack' by listening to music and singing the words in my head. If I'm on the train or walking then I look at the scenery and try to spot something new about it.

Fazzy - I think I'll have to do some research on how to actually breathing correctly or actually getting some help on how to do (like a doctor) especially during a Panic Attack.

Exercise is a great way to get the adrenaline used up. It works wonders for me. You might want to try. I take the anxiety out on the tred mill and after the work out, my DR is gone and I am looking outside more, than before the work out, when the mind was in some kind of internal dead lock situation, thiking about what it was thinking or just blanking out may be subconsiously not knowing what to do with exess whatever chemicals.

asdf

I totally agree excerise is brilliant.

Just be careful that excercise doesn't become either an addiction, since there is an amazing rush, followed by calmness afterwards, or that the exercise doesn't take over more and more time such that it becomes an avoidance strategy.

The rythmic nature of some exercise routines also helps to calm you.

rgds

brian

That's a good idea ^_^ I'll have to try that.

Lol I'm the opposite when exercising, I don't get addicted I just become too lazy to continue, but I will definatly try that! Thankies.

Jady, I see you said you'd been thinking about the triggers and you've been trying to find out what they are in your everyday surroundings.

Forgive me for saying this; but it doesn't work like that.

As such, your world is a mirror; what you experience is what you have inside - that's why you'll keep on getting things happen in current time.

If you've had something happen in the past, and bullying is a reallly nasty thing to have happen, then that's a big emotional 'lump' that's sitting in your mind.

As such it's got a life of its own and will then show itself in loads of different ways.

It's as if the kind of feelings you'd had as a girl then are repeated in loads of ways now.

No one thing in your everyday surroundings will be causing it and as such no one or more things in your everyday surroundings will make it go away.

Resolution for the little girl within, the upset she had in the past, that's still there today, is the resolution that'll cease the patterns.

But since it hurt then, your mind is doing two jobs at once; protecting you from remembering and also reminding you by letting you re-experinence in dribs and drabs the feelings you'd last felt when bullied.

It's sort of saying 'I've got a secret and here's what it's about xxx'. But the xxx is in code.

trying to find it is like hunting for a lightswitch in a totally blackend out room - you'll be going round in circles and won't find it.

You 'know' with your logical mind you were bullied, when you can 'feel' with your unconsious mind and release those feelings, job done.

There are ways however.

hTH

Brian

Brian

I've seen websites where they say that the first stage of beating panic attacks is to find out what is causing it, hence why I am trying to find the answer. I kind of understand how it is a bad thing but then I feel lost, I can't beat an attack without knowing why I'm getting them. I've always had that theory and it worked before, it's just when I get random attacks I don't know what to do or how to cope.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information