Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: poop

poop

so had a cbt session the other day and she said to stop looking at my poop but im finding it really hard! anyway had loose stools for 3 weeks and yesterday morning passed a soft formed normal stool then on the night I got just lower ache like trapped wind so went to the loo and it started normal then at the end was all loose sorry tmi! there was peas floating in it a bit of mucas! had Chinese the night before? anyway woke up today and went for my normal poop and it was loose again but no mucas or bits of food! and at last my stool is normal brown! what I really want to know are stools always meant to be formed or do other people have all different kinds?

Re: poop

Everyones stools are different. If you are anxious they are going to appear different a) because you are paying them more attention and b) your stomach reacts your stress.

Everyone's have food in, you probably never noticed it before because you werent bothered about it. So that's the key, stop being bothered about it!!

Mucus in the stool is normal especially with ibs or if you are straining because you have constipation/trapped wind.

Quote Originally Posted by lukeneal26 View Post
    so had a cbt session the other day and she said to stop looking at my poop but im finding it really hard! anyway had loose stools for 3 weeks and yesterday morning passed a soft formed normal stool then on the night I got just lower ache like trapped wind so went to the loo and it started normal then at the end was all loose sorry tmi! there was peas floating in it a bit of mucas! had Chinese the night before? anyway woke up today and went for my normal poop and it was loose again but no mucas or bits of food! and at last my stool is normal brown! what I really want to know are stools always meant to be formed or do other people have all different kinds?
    Try and take the therapist's advice and stop looing at your poo you know yourself the more you look at it, the more you are feeding your anxiety. I do know how you feel though, I am the same with checking my skin for 'skin cancer' and feeling everywhere for lumps and bumps. It is a compulsion and all it does is feed the anxiety.

With regard to your poo, if it puts your mind at rest I have had horrible poos after rich food like takeaways - especially if I had something fatty. Peas floating in loose poo in normal too, like with sweetcorn lol! Not nice, but everyone poos!

Really try next time you poo not to look. I know it is hard and it will make you feel uncomfortable at first but please try just to flush it and walk away

My Dad always says to "If you always do what you have always done, you will always feel how you have always felt" I always think about that when I am trying to change things.

Good luck!

I have been told I had ibs I mean I have no pain and my appetite is coming back day by day and ive put weight on so that must be a good sign? the main thing worrying me is the aches in my joints and they feel like they are fatigued but then last night I was watching tv and never once had an ache or pain?

Since this patch of anxiety hit me a month ago, I have felt like I'm 80 years old. My body is so drained even after sleep. It's normal for someone who has tensed thier body up so much to feel like that. So don't worry.

You were probably relaxed whilst watching TV, so that's good.

yea I find its first thing in the morning is the worse feel tense and ache all over I find my hands crack a lot but I think they always have but there very stiff! had a full blood test so I do know there cant be anything wrong with my bones

never forget that anxiety can make almost every part of your body feel like rubbish. insides and outsides and mind, obviously. you also become super sensitized to everything that is happening so where you wouldn't have even noticed before (I have suffered with loose stools most of my adult life and never really cared) you will start analysing everything that is happening to your body. Its important to stop that in it's tracks.

yea it comes and gose over the day I did pull my upper back running and don't think that is helping

your therapist is right on the money. at one point i was examining all of my stools and had to make an active decision, despite how terrified i was i had something, to stop looking. eventually not looking every other day became not looking at all. i'll progress to checking now and then but probably not for a while cause those habits are hard to break. the chinese food was probably rich and could mess around with the ol' poo.

last night I had the same thing stomach ache followed by a loose floating stool and today ive weighed my self and im 15.58 stone and yester morning I was 15.63

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information