Thread: Constant fear of everything

Constant fear of everything

Hi

I have suffered GAD and now depression on and off for a number of years. My question is that i am worried 24/7 about what is happening to me and can't seem to stop thinking about how I am feeling?? Does this sound odd? Even when I wake up in the morning I feel sometjing is wrong emotionally but don't know what it is and then worry all day about my mental health.

Just feel so alone with this

Jo

Hi Jo,

You are so not alone with this ....

Its extremely common for panickers and GAD to go very introspective and have themselves as their main train of thought and concerns for ..almost anything.

What are you doing to help and support yourself through this ?
    Have you had any professional help ?

Your mental health is sound - remember anxiety and depression are completely different processes to serious mental illness and one does not lead to the other however much you worry about it .

Meg

Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind.
    If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained.
    Robert Albert Bloch

Jo,

I think alot of anxiety sufferers worry about their mental health - I had self diagnosed myself with all different mental health problems - none of them accurate or true. Let us know what help you are getting

Lucky

Hi Jo

Welcome to the forum.

I think us sufferers are very sensitive to our bodies and the way we feel so every little thing is exaggerated and any ache/pain is always something terminal in our minds.

Have you had any meds or therapy to help?

Nicola

Hi Jo

Welcome aboard

I know just how you feel. Worrying about how I feel is one of my biggest problems. So don't worry you aren't alone.

There are lots of things that you can do to try and help stop this. But it is a good idea to let us know what you have tried already.

Jules

Hi Jo

It is so hard when you feel you are worrying 24/7 but it is quite a common part of GAD and depression.

So please dont think you are alone on this one.

I used to worry about my mental health constantly and thought i would go mad and end up losing all my rational altogether, but like Meg says they are completely different illnesses and are not linked.

CBT really helped me with that. Are you having any help, medication etc.

Love Sal xxxxx

Hi everyone

Thanks so much for your replies - it helps to know you are not alone.

In answer to the question - what treatment have I had - well I have been on and off anti-depressants since I had this - currently taking cipramil 20 mg for nearly 6 weeks. Feeling I guess abit better to cope. Have had help from clinical Pschologist about 2 years ago privately but he ( and his wife) became a friend so whilst that is great - it makes me feel that I now have no one to rely on for that professional relationship. Hav'nt had formally CBT but read more books on this than I care to mention. I am just currently worried that nothing will help me and rational thinking is a thing of the past.

Also I can go for months even years with no sypmtoms at all then all of a sudden it comes back and floors me. The more this happens the more depressed I feel because I do not want to live the rest of my life struggling with this.

Sorry to sound so negative - I guess just letting you know my inner most fears.

Jo

Hi Jo,

A couple of things.

Reading CBT is different from doing it formally. I did my own and did great but it was a hard slog and I wish I had been and had some guidance and formal therapy .

I found for ages I denied things the book told me and pretended to myself that those bits were for someone else .

You could find another pschyologist person so not to use your friends.

I do believe that once you have had an anxiety disorder it is like a broken limb. Although it fully heals - on some days it reminds you that it happened . You then respond and how you respond is crucial to whether it grows and grows or whether it slinks back off.

Meg

Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind.
    If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained.
    Robert Albert Bloch

Hi Jo

How are you getting on? I am pleased that the meds are starting to take some effect and help you feel a little more better.

It is hard when you have a long spell feeling ok and then it all suddenly comes back but remember you managed to get over it and carry on normally before and you will do this time.

Can you try and see if you can get to see CBT, i know you are reading into it but seeing one would also be a great benefit to you.

Does you friend not know of anyone who you could be referred to?

Take care.

Love Sal xxxxx

Thread Information