Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WASPS

WASPS

Okay I'm going to bang on about them again!!

When are all the wasps going to die!!

I have been getting them into my kitchen on a frequent basis and Ihave been very brave - they have been trying to get out of the windows and I have been reaching across and opening the windows - as long as I see them leave i'm fine (although I don't know how they are getting in - i suspect some sort of hive and a hidden hole in my kitchen!!!)

Anyway today i was in my local shopping centre with my partner and youngest kiddie in my arms when one of the little buggers just attacked us as we were nearing the car - well i went crazy - dancing about and asking my boyfriend to 'get it away' - he couldn't as he had both hands full of shopping!! Eventually reached the car with about 6 people looking at me as if i was a madwomen. my boyfriend took our son and batted the wasp away. i am petrifeid of these thing especially when they are buzzing about our heads!!

When we got in the car my boyfriend went MENTAL and told me I was so embarassing etc etc. I really couldn't help it I was soo scared

Lucky

He could have put the shopping down and been a bit more help !

Meg

They said on the news that we are seeing an infestation of wasps this year!

One thing you should not do is swat them because apparently they give off a scent to other wasps that there is danger so they will come along too and back the poor little wasp up!

Just a warning!

Nicola

Meg - Yip I totally agree - instead of looking at me as if I was a total loony - i didn't care if i was embarrassing him - I was too scared!!

Nic - i never swat them I'm too scared!!! I prefer to run.

I wish I had let of a scent - the wasps all come to help their friends but no-one helped the mad loony woman with the toddler in her arms!!!

Lucky

LOL Lucky that made me smile - a mad woman running round the car-park closely followed by this ten-foot wasp!

Seriously though - they will be gone soon and we will all be free.

I have Citronella things in the house that deter them - try them.

Nicola

10 foot!! It was definetely closer to 12!!!

The thing i find works best is ciggy smoke (ALTHOUGH NOT IN YOU DON'T SMOKE!!) but it wasn't possible to light a ciggy on this occasion (on saying that it isn't possible to light one when ducking and diving like a loony!!)

Oh well hopefully they will be gone soon - i mean what is their actual use?? - at least bees do something!!!

Lucky

LOL Lucky

I had to laugh. totally not funny as I hate them too but your comment about the ciggies brings me to mind the countless times people have stared at me funny when Ive been cowering with a fag waving round my head...lol

love Sarah
    xx

Yip Sarah,

I remember about 8 years ago I was walking along with my mum a wasp started dive bombing her head (she was wearing loads of hairspray) and she was screaming at me to give her my ciggie - I found it very funny. - God i'm getting my comeuppance now though - Thats what i get for laughing!!!

I can laugh now at what a complete and utter tube I must have lokked today but at the time it was very scary!!

lucky

LOL

Well they do say what goes around comes around...lol

But you are right, definately not funny at the time eh?

love Sarah
    xx

Hi Lucky,

Have the same fear of WASP/Bees as yourself.
    When I was eight I was out the back of my house in the woods just banging around with a stick, when yes you guessed it, I hit upon a bee hive. Ran home only to find no one there, had to go next door where they patched me up. They had to comb the little buggers out of my hair (aaaaahh, those were the days when there was a bit on top) and they had gone up my shorts and underwear. Everything swelled and I couldn't walk for a few days.
    Least I got to stay home from school, loads of icecream and sweets to help take away the pain (milked it for all it was worth).

Peter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information