Thread: Citalopram 40mg not working so well, where next?

Citalopram 40mg not working so well, where next?

Hi All,

I take 40mg of citalopram. I've been fine on them for some time now, for years, can't remember how long exactly.

Due to recent events I don't feel as though they're helping me as much as I feel they used to. I'm having episodes of crying and feeling low. But I think the way I'm feeling is all down to some issues I'm experiencing with my boyfriend and his friend, I won't go into detail. I'm not sure whether I need an extra medicinal help or whether once the issues have gone whether I'll start to feel better.

I don't want my anxiety to spoil a relationship so I'm inclined to take the extra medicinal help perhaps while the issue runs it's course.

Is anyone else taking Citalopram and another tablet alongside?

Thanks for reading

Re: Citalopram 40mg not working so well, where next?

Maybe you can take something to help out with sporadic anxiety but I don't think that having "extra" serotonin in your brain will make you imune to unpleasant situations, I think sometimes we do so well we start to think it's a given and we will always be happy and never anxious and never cry, but even the happiest, problem-free and easy going people go through bumps in the road and end up feeling really down & sad. If you have issues right now with your boyfriend and his friend you need to resolve this issue. When you go through problems in life you always have to resolve them, no matter what... turning to a new drug won't solve this problem... That's my take anyways.

Thread Information