I am finding the claims of Rob Kelly and his Thrive books to be very concerning.
Has anyone else heard of him and his self published books?
He is a hypnotherapist who claims to have helped/cured 3000 people. He also claims to have cured 64 emetophobes by simply changing their thinking. Most people are aware that the only way to cure any phobia is through exposure to that fear (which is almost impossible with a fear of vomiting). He does not provide evidence of who these people are or how he has measured their 'cure'. I'd love to know how he could measure their cure. It would need to mean that a cured person would have to be next to someone who was or had been ill and not get anxious and I bet he has not done that!
The reviews on Amazon are five star and very favourable.
He charges £145 for a 50 minute session and almost £3000 to be trained as a Thrive consultant.
He does not state any qualifications to his name just experience.
He believes that if people change their limiting beliefs, then they will be cured of almost any problem from smoking, obesity to anxiety, alcoholism and depression.
I believe that the mind is a very powerful tool and that changing thinking can have a positive impact but as an emetophobe myself, with problems of anxiety and agoraphobia, I have empathy for vulnerable people and I am worried that such people will be taken in by his claims.
I don't believe in him at all, and worry that he is making a lot of money out of people in distress.
Has anyone read his work and have any thoughts?