Thread: can anxiety cause swelling gland

can anxiety cause swelling gland

The past few day my left gland start to swelling. I don't have any cold symptoms. But i have crazy panic attack. Is the attack cause my gland swelling.

Re: can anxiety cause swelling gland

Not encouraging you to google but this is from a reliable site that has up to date information on what you are asking. Im not sure but I don't think that anxiety causes it but if it does let me know i have one swollen from the base of my jaw down my throat and from what I understand maybe have had it a long time.. anyway here is the link.

http://www.medicinenet.com/swollen_l...odes/page3.htm

Even though anxiety stresses the body, there is no proven medical connection between anxiety and swollen nodes other than the fact that swollen nodes are a primary worry of an anxiety/HA sufferer. Often times, a person may have an infection and feels perfectly fine and happens to poke and prod and feel a node that may be slightly swollen. Keep in mind, a normal node can be up to 2cm in size depending on the location.

My inkling based on your post is that you're worried about this and have been poking and prodding which in fact will irritate your lymph nodes and cause them to swell.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

My anxiety in the last week Has calmed alot and starting to return to normal, due to stress on the mental and physical side has left my body alot weaker then what it would be .... Which I started noticing a swallon gland on Friday funny enough on the left side this is also last time I can recall having a little anxiety episode.... unfortantly it left me with full on infection to my ear and throat... But wasn't help with bacterial side of things due to a recent removed wisdom tooth... Now here comes funny bit I've never had infections or anything to cure my body with anti botitics and doctor did say my anxiety would thrown my body so out of whack that it is possible from lack of sleep, bad diet etc that I several weaken my immune system which means now why my gland which swelled has got so bad... It led to were I am now.... Best you can do is not to panic most the time gland swell means the body fighting bad Bactria off which is good as it means your body working correctly ... If it develops into throat infection or something it means it really bad bacterial infection or your body immune system has been weaken from anxiety..... Anxiety won't cause it but from the symptoms such as lack sleep. Poor dieting, lack excercise etc etc will of cause make your body weaker meaning your be more immune to getting colds, throat infections etc ...., hope this helps.. Try think of the simpler causes rather then the worst throat cancer etc develop over time not just swell over night taken me 5 days For my cold symptoms to appear with this horrid throat and ear ...
    Last edited by Boydo; 19-01-15 at 19:04.

Thanks guys.u guys help a lot.

HI FMP,

I was just wondering.. I have one lump about 2cm from the base of the jaw hinge going down the throat.It seems to be tinder some but not often and also seems to go down but come right back up.It is hard to see if I don't turn my neck but if I do you can see it slightly so it isn't very visible. Also I am not running no fever but my throat does hurt off and on just a little.. So im thinking cervical node but then again im not a doctor..Also the area has been raised for many years just slightly more than the other side.. so if it has been there many years and not an issue but not as raised ,it would stand to probably be because of a sore throat or something innocent correct? I am going to the doctor tomorrow for post blood work after being in the hospital and was going to ask him what he thought.I have no other nodes anywhere on my body that are swollen.. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Even though anxiety stresses the body, there is no proven medical connection between anxiety and swollen nodes other than the fact that swollen nodes are a primary worry of an anxiety/HA sufferer. Often times, a person may have an infection and feels perfectly fine and happens to poke and prod and feel a node that may be slightly swollen. Keep in mind, a normal node can be up to 2cm in size depending on the location.

My inkling based on your post is that you're worried about this and have been poking and prodding which in fact will irritate your lymph nodes and cause them to swell.

Positive thoughts

---------- Post added at 20:32 ---------- Previous post was at 20:28 ----------

I don't know bondo but I eat very well perfect balance nutritional meals,I sleep enough, I exercise, I don''t have fever but I do have a little little sore throat..I have had a recent bout with a lymph node that is on going so well im not sure the stuff he said would cause that or not...im thinking not..but well..im not a doctor...I still think healthy eating or not.. stress or not.. no lymph node if not ill or lymph node if ill... whatever you do or eat..

Quote Originally Posted by Boydo View Post
    My anxiety in the last week Has calmed alot and starting to return to normal, due to stress on the mental and physical side has left my body alot weaker then what it would be .... Which I started noticing a swallon gland on Friday funny enough on the left side this is also last time I can recall having a little anxiety episode.... unfortantly it left me with full on infection to my ear and throat... But wasn't help with bacterial side of things due to a recent removed wisdom tooth... Now here comes funny bit I've never had infections or anything to cure my body with anti botitics and doctor did say my anxiety would thrown my body so out of whack that it is possible from lack of sleep, bad diet etc that I several weaken my immune system which means now why my gland which swelled has got so bad... It led to were I am now.... Best you can do is not to panic most the time gland swell means the body fighting bad Bactria off which is good as it means your body working correctly ... If it develops into throat infection or something it means it really bad bacterial infection or your body immune system has been weaken from anxiety..... Anxiety won't cause it but from the symptoms such as lack sleep. Poor dieting, lack excercise etc etc will of cause make your body weaker meaning your be more immune to getting colds, throat infections etc ...., hope this helps.. Try think of the simpler causes rather then the worst throat cancer etc develop over time not just swell over night taken me 5 days For my cold symptoms to appear with this horrid throat and ear ...

Thread Information