Thread: A question for the ladies

A question for the ladies

I'm having a right panic. Going by ovulation pain my period was due yesterday but i have p.c.o.s so it's very irregular. All yesterday i had crampy period pain & this morning i had some brown spotting. I very stupidly googled & it's come up with cervical cancer, uterine cancer etc I'm so worried now. Should i make a doctors appointment? I asked my friend & she said its normal with pcos & not to worry but it's set me right off :(
    Sorry for the t.m.i xx

Eta i had a pelvic ultrasound 2weeks ago to check my ovaries & uterus which looked normal ( apart from pcos) which i have had since my periods started.
    Last edited by pinky260; 18-01-15 at 09:56.

Re: A question for the ladies

Quote Originally Posted by pinky260 View Post
    I'm having a right panic. Going by ovulation pain my period was due yesterday but i have p.c.o.s so it's very irregular. All yesterday i had crampy period pain & this morning i had some brown spotting. I very stupidly googled & it's come up with cervical cancer, uterine cancer etc I'm so worried now. Should i make a doctors appointment? I asked my friend & she said its normal with pcos & not to worry but it's set me right off :(
    Sorry for the t.m.i xx
    I understand how this feels! I have endometriosis and have a mirena coil, my periods have stopped but occasionally I get the odd bleed and it sends me into a panic.

It is most likely nothing to worry about at all, especially if you have PCOS and you have irregular periods.

It goes without saying but try not to Google if you can help it, I am weaning myself off Googling at the moment cause it only ever makes me feel worse rather than reassuring me.

If you are still concerned in a week or so or the worry gets too much by all means see your Dr, but I seriously don't think you have anything to worry about hun xx

Thanks hun. I hate the 'can't think straight through panicing' feeling lol i wish i was one of them people that are totally calm about everything like my hubby.
    I think it might be the start of my period but not sure. We MUST stop googling! It really is stupid everything points to something awful xx

Quote Originally Posted by pinky260 View Post
    Thanks hun. I hate the 'can't think straight through panicing' feeling lol i wish i was one of them people that are totally calm about everything like my hubby.
    I think it might be the start of my period but not sure. We MUST stop googling! It really is stupid everything points to something awful xx
    Big hugs to you, I know what this is like. It is most likely the start of your period, keep telling yourself that and reminding yourself that the most logical explanation is the most likely explanation

I just did a fantastic 15 minute relation video online to help me let go of my anxiety. It really helped. When we are in the midst of our worries and anxiety it can be hard to see a way through, but we will all get there.

xx

Agree .. Its very likely the start of your period. I used to get that every time! Try not to worry , but know easier said than done. Big hugs x

Thanks for the hugs- very much needed lol
    I'm hoping it is, there is nothing there at all now, but i must not keep poking about or next week i will be complaining of a u.t.i xxx

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Well i don't think it was my period i feel like it's coming with all the cramps & red spotting last night but nothing at all now :( getting really worried. im in the doctors at 11 ish xx

Thread Information