Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First time drinking Alcohol!

First time drinking Alcohol!

I regret giving into peer pressure, and had Cocacola mixed with Whisky,

To be honest I never had enough to get drunk, and I hated drinking it, its just not for me, but am now getting paranoid that I can get brain problems from that one time, such as Epilepsy, Schizophrenia, or Cancer.

Could anything bad be triggered by drinking alcohol?

Re: First time drinking Alcohol!

How old are you? I honestly think you will be absolutely fine, try not to worry. It might give you a sore head or make you feel sick but not much else x

One drink is not going to do any harm to your brain. There are people who drink a heck of a lot more than that on a daily basis and do alright. But it's not compulsory to drink alcohol, if it's not for you, don't.

I'm 21,

I also don't like drinking alcohol, sometimes to be polite especially when taking part in toasting someone like when my uncle got married, I had a small sip of bubbly, my family know I don't like booze and will never force me to, I sometimes have a shandy now and again.

Thanks for answering, I forgot to mention that I did share a glass with my best mate, the question I have is, could I catch anything from her saliva?
    Last edited by JustBenn; 19-01-15 at 20:04.

I would try and seperate the two things.Firstly, Yes ,we have H.A, it makes us paranoid and constant worriers about our health- we try and work on that but to a certain degree it's the way we are. Secondly though, don't let people pressure you into drinking alcohol- you don't have too at all, you can manage and have a great time without it. It will only make any anxiety issue worse in the long run anyway, and you'll be much healthier!
    Good luck

No. You will not be put at risk from that one drink.

Secondly, you really don't need to feel compelled to drink just because your peers are doing it. When I was your age, and many times afterwards, I had friends and others nagging me about 'loosening up and having a few' or egging me on to get drunk, just so they could see what I looked like as I was a very, very lightweight drinker. I am more than happy with a soft drink, and I have always mostly HATED the taste of booze. It just doesn't satisfy me thirst wise, I don't like feeling even tipsy, let alone drunk, and the two times in my life that I HAVE been drunk, I seriously felt I was gonna die!! So ill. All night with my head down the ruddy toilet. I also don't see the sense of these mindless sheep who go out, drink all night, then throw it all up. To me it is a waste of money, and I have better to spend it on.

Anyway, bottom line is you are your own person. Just because they like booze, doesn't mean they should twist your arm to do as they do, and nor does it make you any less 'in with the in crowd'.....if anything, it makes you the exception to the rule, and your own person.xxx

The only thing that can triggered is the sudden need for very bad food!

You will be fine. There is nothing wrong with drinking alcohol. You shouldn't need to feel you have to do it from peer pressure but who hasn't? Peer pressure isn't always the sinister pressure people portray it as either, its only when its more about forcing your will onto others rather than trying to open people up to new experiences. Whenever it happened to me it had always been the latter, I didn't take much persuasion!

I did a lot of drinking up to my thirties. It didn't cause me any physical or mental health issues, in fact if I had carried on leading my previous fun life I doubt I would have gone through a lot of this as I retreated from my social life.

TBH you probably unwittingly consumed more alcohol than that in your christmas pudding. You'll be fine!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information