Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Feel completely lost

Feel completely lost

I started feeling down around the 3rd of January and it's getting worse.

I can't talk to people I just sit and nod. I don't really know what makes me happy anymore. I know what did in the past but now I feel like nothing will.

I feel completely out of it tonight. I've been to the overcoming depression course I was put on and couldn't take it in. We had to identify which areas of life were important to us and I just felt numb like I didn't know.

I'm so down and worry that I'm on the verge of a psychotic episode.

Keep thinking there's no way this can just be depression and anxiety.

Re: Feel completely lost

Your train of thought and questions you ask yourself are classic - and yes, It CAN be 'just' depression and anxiety. They are very difficult to deal with at times, but you have to find a light in the dark and follow it!

So many people are trapped inside fear and 'what if's'...don't let it rule you. I'm pretty sure there is something that could make you smile.

Millions of people are feeling exactly the same as you, it's up to you how you confront it and start to recover.

There's always people here to talk if you need.

“The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, worry about the future, or anticipate troubles, but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly.”

I know how you feel superjonboy. I'm in the same boat. I know what I used to like, what used to make me feel good, but it's not working in the same way.

Keep going to the course. It can take time to sink in. It took me a couple of sessions to get into the swing of the CBT course I'm on.

Accept the fact that you aren't feeling great at the moment, and let the mood pass. It will pass eventually. Everything changes eventually.

I wish I could say something more helpful, but I can barely help myself...

It's really scaring me.

In the past it's always seemed to be Anxiety. Worrying about health e.t.c.

It just feels different this time with the depression. I'm still doing all the anxiety behaviours and I can recognise that.

I'm doing all the wrong things as well - avoiding things, not working, ruminating.

Go to the docs and get some meds sweetie. Sounds like typical anxiety, leading to depression. No more, no less. You'll be fine, but you need to see a medical professional. In my opinion anyway. And I've been off and on like this for 25 years.xxxxxx

Has anything triggered this?

Quote Originally Posted by ninnie View Post
    Go to the docs and get some meds sweetie. Sounds like typical anxiety, leading to depression. No more, no less. You'll be fine, but you need to see a medical professional. In my opinion anyway. And I've been off and on like this for 25 years.xxxxxx
    Ps. Don't be afraid to call the samaritans, if you need to offload. They are fab.

I was doing well before Christmas.

Then on 3rd of Jan I'd been working a bit and when I finished I had the thought "what do I do with myself now?"

Then ended up feeling empty. Escalated from there.

I've suffered with anxiety since 2001.

I should add that I'm back on sertraline 100mg been taking it for 8 days so probably not kicked in yet

I've been there like this and when my anxiety gets intense again I get some of this back again.

Do you feel it has got worse since you started the medication? If so, you are in the side effects windrow so it could be this. If this is the case and you feel it getting to a point where you could harm yourself, contact your GP immediately as you may not be suited to it so need to try a different one.

I had CBT. When asked what I enjoy, I couldn't think of anything. It went on like that fit a while and I just kept plodding along and doing lots of walking. Eventually it changed as my overall anxiety decreased and my mood became more stable.

I know your anxiety is about more serious mental illness but what you say about your symptoms is how I felt too and what do many on here say so please try to remember that.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information