Thread: Can intense periode of stress/lack of activity cause heart skipping/extra heartbeat?

Can intense periode of stress/lack of activity cause heart skipping/extra heartbeat?

For the last month, i've been nervous/stressed alot, working on computer 12-14 hours per day. I feel 2-3 times per day my heart skipping (like it stop then come back again.)

My first episode of having ocassional 'irregular' heartbeats was back in July. I was very stressed back then with my work and was drinking quite alot of cofee, alcohol and didn't sleep good at night. I was under shower (went straight to shower from computer after being sit there for 13 hours) and i was singing some songs and then it started to beat fast and irregularly). Ever since then, when i take shower, i experience some extra beats (i'm actually always a bit worried before i take shower because i visualize that day and it scares me.)

When i cry or if i become emotional and my heart start to beat fast, it's actually a feeling of extra heartbeat (like 3 beats instead of 2)

I've had all my heart tests done 2 months ago (beside a holter, which was last done in 2009).

I'm 27, little bit overweight (6'0, 184 lbs) and physically inactive. No heart disease history in family.

Can these ocassional extra/missed heartbeats be the results of intense stress/anxiety?

I've stopped cofee since then and try to eat better. I must admit though that i still drink 2 times a week and not in good shape physically.

Thanks all

Re: Can intense periode of stress/lack of activity cause heart skipping/extra heartbe

They are caused by stress. It is nothing to worry about if you've had all the tests done and they came back clear. It happens to me all the time. Ectopic beats.

Thread Information