Quote Originally Posted by Karenhopes4 View Post
I'm new here and not sure sure exactly what I am doing!! I suffer from Chronic Anxiety, I don't feel depressed but my body feels physically nervous all the time. My skins tingles - like something is running up and down...its feel likes something awful is about to happen when I actually don't have anything to worry about. I get through each day and everyone thinks I am ok but I feel terrible in side - very nervous and almost scared. I was put on citalopram and it really didn't do anything. I was then put on 75mg of venlafaxine for two weeks and then 150mg for two weeks, which time I went back to the doctor. My physical anxiety seems worse and constant but I feel more chilled and have lost my appetite (silver lining!!) The doctor said try it for another month. Initially I was doing 75mg twice a day but this was stopping me sleeping so now for the last two weeks I have been on 150mg one a day in the morning - i feel constantly anxious, a bit scared but slightly emotionless at the same time. I feel like the adrenaline is flying round my body at 100 miles an hour, I'm sleeping better but have very vivid dreams.Still no appetite and feel tired quite a lot...I don't really want to keep changing but does all of this mean its not working for me or am I being impatient - please please can someone reply
Hi Karen,

Do you know much about Ven? There is a supportive bunch of people around here and a board for threads for it on the Meds board. .

That med has such a short half life that you have to take it twice a day or you will start suffering withdrawal very quickly. You can take it once a day but you need the XR version, not the standard version. Did your GP switch you XR? If not, that will be causing you some problems. It may also account for the adrenaline issues because you would taking it as if you were on a higher split dose, if you see what I mean?