Thread: Yellow stool worry! Diagnosed GERD, pretty sure I have Chron's as well.

Question Yellow stool worry! Diagnosed GERD, pretty sure I have Chron's as well.

Hiya, just found out you guys have this subforum as well!

What a cool site.

Anyway, on point:
    I worry about yellowish brown stools right now. They're not bright yellow, more like a golden color. It does not present always. Well, exactly a week ago it did, took 3 days to get better, than it presented again now. Normal BM inbetween for a couple of days.

Now, dear old Google say it's liver disease, gallbladder disease or pancreas disease related. Infections or tumors.
    However, some sites also mention GERD among other things causing fast transit times. I have diagnosed GERD and had gastritis recently. I also don't have any pains that would signal infection.
    EXCEPT FOR the Chron's like colon pain I get for a few days after drinking alcohol (same location). I'm also in the suspect group (I'm 22 years old, have been heavily smoking, drinking and stuff). Anyway. That's not that important now except if it could have anything to do with my yellow BMs, but then again, apparently GERD also could.

How likely is it to be GERD related? I don't have jaundice. I do have generalized itching but it's very likely due to post-acute benzo withdrawal (doctors agree).

Re: Yellow stool worry! Diagnosed GERD, pretty sure I have Chron's as well.

I've been having orangey yellow stools for weeks got it into my head it's pancreatic cancer because of the dreadful back pain I wish I knew what was causing it . Does GERD cause heartburn ?
    Also get the itching

“Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.”

I don't see anything at all here that makes me think Crohns. If stool colour being slightly tan is your only concern I wouldn't worry, that's well within the normal range, stool colours change a lot and it's black white or blood stained that really mean something - not much else.

As for the pain when you drink, I would imagine it's a bit of constipation or gas, but if it's severe then you could always visit your GP.

I don't see anything here to get alarmed about though.

Doctor told me that brown, yellow, green and orange is normal, he said that if poop is white, black, or red then worry.

Thread Information