Thread: mid cycle bleeding

mid cycle bleeding

Hi All,

My HA is horrible at the moment. Following weeks of stress in work I've suddenly for the first time ever having mid-cycle bleeding. Here is some history; last summer I had a colposcopy and a womb biopsy because of post-sex bleeding. The womb biopsy was fine and the biopsy of the cervix showed very mild abnormal cells that the consultant said did not concern him and I had a cold coagulation done on it.

Now this mid cycle bleeding has started and the GP is (just to be thorough she says) sending me back for another colposcopy.

What I hope you tell me is NORMAL and non-scary reasons why I may be having this bleeding. (I have learned never to google) and if anyone has had this themselves I would love to hear from you.

Any reassurance most appreciated!

Re: mid cycle bleeding

My friend had that and it was a benign cyst on her ovary that sorted itself. Hope it gets sorted soon x

Hi please try no to panic, I had lletz or loop diathermy 5 years on my cervix because I had severe abnormal cervical cells. After the treatment I was ok for a while but then started getting mid cycle bleeding, twice I was referred by the gp to the gynaecologist and they said I had an ectropion caused by the lletz. Due to my anxieties he agreed to do another colposcopy and said I had no abnormal cells and he wasn't concerned. He offered to cauterise the ectropion but advised that unless the bleeding was heavy then it's pointless and he also said that the mid cycle bleeding could be related to ovulation bleeding, it does seem to come at this time and I don't get it every month. I have recently started to get spotting after sex which is causing me worry but this is also a symptom of ectropion and so I'm trying to stay calm about it! X

Thank you both for replying! I was hoping to avoid Overy issues because I haven't been referred for a scan

Mid cycle bleeding is common when you're stressed. My actual period started 2 weeks early last month, so I had mid cycle... Period. I have had a few ovarian issues (polycystic ovaries) and very weird cycles which go totally crazy when I'm anxious or stressed. I wouldn't be worried about this - go for an ultrasound to put your mind at rest, it's good to have a pelvic check anyway now and then.

I actually know someone who almost always has some breakthrough at ovulation and she is healthy as anything, she too has polycystic ovaries.

Really, don't worry

“The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, worry about the future, or anticipate troubles, but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly.”

Thanks Katki. I think you'd right and ill need push for a scan too.

Hi, i have similar that i have been worrying about too.

I have pcos so very irregular periods. I'm on day 36of my cycle, no ovulation yet & been having on & off brown discharge for a few days ( sorry tmi) the dr thinks it's just my pcos & to go back in 3months if it keeps happening. It's hard not to worry though.

Hopefully it will settle for us both x

Hi Pinky I'm sure it will! Don't worry yourself either well both be fine

Thread Information