Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feel let down by GP

Re: Feel let down by GP

Your boyfriend is right and you learn with babies and children as you go along.
    There are mother and baby groups you can go to, to share your worries with others and your health visitor will be on hand as well.

Take care

Quick update. I just wish I could stop feeling sick. I know it's different for anyone, but wow, I didn't know it would be THIS horrible. I'm not throwing up, I'm just really nauseous. At every minute of every day I feel sick, but I can still eat because the nausea tips over into hunger every 4 hours or so.

I'm no fool. I know enough about anxiety to know that getting rid of the sickness wouldn't magically make me calm and serene. But right now I feel like it would really help such a lot!

Urgh. The sickness is just unbelievable. I honestly don't know how I'm coping at the moment. The nausea is there at every moment of every day, but it peaks at 10-11pm, just when I'm trying to get to sleep.

Work is the worst thing in the world. I'm a swimming teacher so my work environment is hot, humid, pressured and there's no escape (because I have a duty of care to the children). Basically I'm in hell. Every day I have a little (or sometimes big) cry to get myself out the door.

The doctor gave me some pills called avomine. They don't seem to help and anyway they make me drowsy so I can't take them before work. I could get a sick note I guess, but we don't get sick pay and money's a huge worry right now.

I have to go to work in about an hour. It's an awful feeling, but I know I have to plaster on a fake smile and carry on.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information