Thread: Has anyone ever had a needle biopsy / enlarged lymph nodes?! Please help! :(

Has anyone ever had a needle biopsy / enlarged lymph nodes?! Please help! :(

Hi Everyone,

I hope somebody can help me, I am really worried
    I am 23 years old a recently found an enlarged lymph node on the left hand side of my neck. It is completely painless / moveable, but nevertheless it's there. It is probably 2x the size of the nodes on the right hand side of my neck - So considerably bigger.
    I went to the doctors yesterday and they were concerned so have given me blood tests (I will find out results next week)
    They are also booking me in at the hopsital for an ultrsound scan and a 'needle biopsy'
    As soon as I heard the word 'biopsy' I was consumed with fear - Fear I have never felt before and I am now completely and utterly convinced that I have something fatal. Has anyone else had one of these before? I am going out of my mind and can't live my life properly at the moment through the sheer terror I think i'm going to die.
    Someone please please help me. Im going out of my mind, I need some sort of reassurance
    Anyone that has been through something similar / had enlarged Lymph Nodes? There must be someone out there.
    I am only 23 and I really don't know how to cope with this kind of thing. I feel like my heart is going to explode it is beating so fast
    Any support / reply is so much appreciated, thankyou all in advance you are very kind people xxxxx

Re: Has anyone ever had a needle biopsy / enlarged lymph nodes?! Please help! :(

I had a needle biopsy of enlarged nodes and my news, unfortunately was not good. That being said, I'm much older and my lifestyle was a major cause of my illness. The procedure itself is nothing. A little pinch as all needles give you and that's it. The waiting is the hardest part.

I know what you're thinking and what your fear is and all I can tell is it's nothing until they say it's something. That and the fact that 99.9% of the fears posted on these forums turn out to be nothing serious. The fact you're 23 and the nodes are movable bodes well. Mine were hard, not movable and plainly visible on the side of my neck. Be glad that you have doctors that are doing what they're supposed to be doing.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information