Thread: 30 years of anxiety/panic attacks

30 years of anxiety/panic attacks

It's funny how anxiety works. Just when you think you licked one symptom, another strange feeling is always there to take its place. Lately mine has been dizziness, sudden cold hands and a cold tingling run through my body. I called EMS for the first time in 15 years, only to find out what I already knew. I've tried hypnosis, EMDR, and loads of therapy. Ultimitely it's up to us as individuals to learn how to live with the "troll" inside of us. I write something positive in my panic diary every morning and try to let the symptoms "float" through me without reacting. Anyway, I'm glad I found this forum...it feels good to write down my feelings and thoughts.

Re: 30 years of anxiety/panic attacks

Yes anxiety sure is good at throwing random symptoms at us! As you say, the best way to deal with it is not to struggle with it. Just ride it out

I have so many symptoms with my anxiety I can't keep up with them. I try to let them ride but it's difficult sometimes.

Lately I've been listening to audio books from the late Claire Weekes. She seems to be the clearest as far as the "how to" part of lessening anxiety. Her books and audios can be found at Amazon.

Sensitization = Bewilderment = Fear

Thread Information