Thread: Is this a side effect?

Is this a side effect?

I dunno if this is my Citalopram causing this or a change in my IBS (used to be IBS-D) as when I need a proper #2 I get the horrendous lower cramps and terrible stabbing type pains in what feels like my rectum like a knife cutting me in half and still only have hard lumps (ok tmi!), then eventually an hour or so later I have a relatively normal one, this has been happening for the past 2 or 3 weeks but the constipation has been going on around the time I started the Citalporam last November but never was this painful. I just know I can't continue like this I can go 3 or 4 days without going for a #2.

Re: Is this a side effect?

If the problem is that you are constantly constipated why not try remedies from that? I know the drugs made me more sick the first month but then it stopped completely, but I had to deal with IBS all my life and constipation wasn't something that'd stop me from living, I can tell you pretty much everything from "light easy fun" to "horrible but fast and does the job" that will work, it's not something you need to put up with and the drugs might not even have anything to do with it, but if they do, try taking Metamucil on a daily, and upping your fibers, or at worse, those weird suppositories...

Also, I remember during a really bad bought of constipation one summer my doctor prescribed me this pure sugar liquid thing it tasted amazing, Id have a spoonful morning and day and I was all "regular" and felt great. I'd have had the whole bottle in one sit, it was so good.

So yay for solutions !

Re: Is this a side effect?

I've had major ibs d since I've started it. It's been a week now. I was hoping it would help with my ibs but so far it hasnt.

Thread Information