Thread: Health Talk website - not much about anxiety though

Health Talk website - not much about anxiety though

Not sure if you've seen this site before. It's videos of people's experience of various health problems. There's quite a bit on depression and taking anti-depressants:
    http://www.healthtalk.org/peoples-ex...ression/topics

Oddly there isn't much about anxiety - it's not listed as its own condition, just as a side effect of other things. If anyone else feels strongly about this, maybe we can write them an email and offer to be interviewed about anxiety. Actors can rerecord what we say if you're not comfortable and all identity is hidden.

Re: Health Talk website - not much about anxiety though

I had a look Lior and it seems more geared towards physical illness and the more mainstream mental heath conditions such as autism, as opposed to anxiety although there is a lot of stuff for depression on there.

I did a search for anxiety and there are 2 relevant user stories but the information it brings up is a bit, well, basic in terms of their knowledge of anxiety. The descriptions of anxiety combined with certain other factors also seemed to be be showing signs of bipolar or schizophrenia in places.

I agree, they seem to view it as an added issue as opposed to a standalone or comorbid set of conditions.

If I'm honest, I feel they come across as they are not up to date on anxiety in the same way that I would feel about doctors & nurses (perhaps thats driven by the fact they developed from this route?) so perhaps if they get more user stories on there and add some detailed dedicated content, they could fill this gap.

Useful for people with depression though and for those coping with physical illness that brings depression.

Re: Health Talk website - not much about anxiety though

Maybe we could send them user stories? It would make sense. We are a community of anxiety sufferers.

Thread Information