Thread: Belly button

Belly button

I keep havin a sharp stabby pain in or just under my belly button area, it's really unpleasent, it feels like really bad stitch in that area, hurts more when I bend in a particular way and when I sometimes stand up, jut to add I am on my lovely monthly cycle so I have got the normal period pains too, I've had this before maybe 2 months ago but I wasn't on my period at that time, any ideas on what this could be

Re: Belly button

Hi I have this from time to time and it first happens in my pregnancy 18 years ago, it feels like someone is poking hot needles into your belly button and you can't move from the pain then it slowly diminishes, I actually researched this and it is quite common, sometimes can be a sign of hernia sorry not trying to worry you but a hernia is not a biggy, but most of the time it's not its just one of those things, and yes I too get it when I'm on my monthly , so I would say its probably a gas /acid build up from all the lovely bloatyness we encounter on our monthlys, I do find acidic especially orance juice drinks would make it worse,do you drink fizzys? Or eat a lot of spice? This could be contributing to the acid and is what you are feeling in your belly button... But don't worry just try to think about what you ate or drank that day or the day before the pain occurred and try to eliminate it from your diet for a while, and don't forget Anxiety sufferers create a lot of acid in our guts from worry so that is another contributing factor!

Hi thank you for the reply, I do eat a lot of spicy food but don't really drink to much fizzy pop or anything. It has eased off a little today, even though it is still a bit sore it's not a fraction on what the pain was yesterday so I guess that's a good thing.

definitely spicy food as I eat it 24/7 and get the same thing

Thread Information