Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: **IMPORTANT** Please help us Keep NMP up and running!!

**IMPORTANT** Please help us Keep NMP up and running!!

Hi All,

I thought I would write this thread as Nic isn’t the type of person to write it.

As many of you know Nic runs this website and pays for it all with the help of Alex and the cost of it is anything but cheap, but they pay for it and try to keep it running so it is totally free for members.

Nic has many different health problems, the main being Crohns Disease and heart problems after a Heart attack in 2008. After that she has been unable to do much work due to her ill health which makes it even more amazing that she pays for the website just for our benefit when she hardly earns anything herself.

That is one of the reasons she wouldn’t write this thread because she sees it as her site, which it is so she should pay for it BUT to me that certainly isn’t true.

You may have noticed that during the past couple of months that Nic has mostly been absent from the website and that is because she has been going through A LOT of personal things.

Nic and Alex have been in the process of splitting which has been very traumatic for them both as they had been together for 18 years and have been through an awful lot together so there is a lot to deal with between them. (Obviously this will not be discussed in any detail on the forum as it is a very personal matter)

It is because of this that the future of NMP is not actually secure and we all know how important it is to our lives, in fact a lot of people have been saying to me that it has saved their lives, so quite honestly we NEED this site to continue.

If Nic ends up having to pay for the site alone then I am not sure how long it will last. Not being ‘mean’ to Nic, just being truthful and realistic. And none of us actually want that to happen do we???

NMP has a Donate button on the front page (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate) and I am sure most of you just pass it by each time you log in and probably not even notice it is there!! Thank you to all who do actually donate

I would like to urge you to have a think about what you would do without this site. If the answer is that it wouldn’t make any difference to you if the site was here or not then don’t do anything but if you like me really don’t know what you would have done without the site then if you can please click that donate link because at the minute it may end up as “use the donate button or lose the site”

I have run this thread past Nic before posting it, but to be honest it is something I have been meaning to post for a while as I didn’t really think it fair that Nic (and Alex) should pay all of this money for a site that is helping so many when she doesn’t actually have that much money to do so.

So use it or maybe face losing it folks the choice is down to you

Thanks
    Emmz xxxx

PS. Sorry if this seems like a bit of a “GIVE US YOUR MONEY” thread

PPS. Actually I am not really sorry as it is something that needs to be said and it really IS a thread like that J

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: **IMPORTANT** Please help us Keep NMP up and running!!

Oh no I just read this. I hadn't noticed a donate button, how did I miss that? It's important that the site does keep going, people we need to act.
    Nic, I am very sorry that you and Alex have had difficulties that have lead to you splitting up.
    I need to go and find that button.

---------- Post added at 23:03 ---------- Previous post was at 22:57 ----------

Ok... I logged out and logged back in ....to see if I could find the donate button.
    I think I didn't see it because 9 times out of 10, I don't use the home page to get into the site. Also I guess it wasn't really very apparent. I do remember when the new site went up and running that there was mention of donations. I must admit I expected it to be more obvious but perhaps also I just was so "into" whatever threads I was reading or commenting on, that each time donating slipped my mind. I'll put that right. :-) night all.

I can't offer money I'm afraid as I don't have enough for myself.

But I can offer you help, time and anything else. Just give me a shout

I donate when I can, I always get a "thank you" email from Nic.

Nic - I am so sorry to hear about you and Alex, that's a long time to be together, I'm sure things will work out for the best.

I will donate again when I can.

Love
    Els
    xxx

I was only thinking about this the other day.
    The problem I have is because of this 'Illness', I have not worked for over a year.
    BUT, I am going through a claim with the 'Car Accident' incident and I was going to make a Donation when that came through anyway. God knows how long I have to wait for that, but hopefully it will not be too long.
    After all, this has been my Therapy in recovering too.
    I hope more people read this and make a Donation if they can afford to do so, as it would be a catastrophe if we lost this Site.
    P.s. Best Wishes to Nicola and many, many thanks for what you do.

There should be more replies on this Thread. What is wrong with everyone????

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    There should be more replies on this Thread. What is wrong with everyone????
    Yes, I agree Carnation. It is silly to ignore Venus's post and request, as what will folk do if the site is no longer here??

I donated in the early hours today. I would like to have given more, but my financial situation isn't the best, but even a small amount would help hugely, if given by the the many members here on NMP.

It is a very good cause indeed, as anyone who is a member relying on NMP for support and advice would surely agree. I personally am eternally grateful to Nicola and all of the mods for setting up and maintaining this excellent site. It has helped me on many occasions when I am in the height of anxiety and panic. x

I know there are people on here struggling financially, but just to ignore this Thread is just wrong. And you are right Debs, if every Member gave a small amount, it would become a big amount from all of us.

Emmz, if Members want to post a cheque, where do they send it?

Yep, I totally get that people are short on funds. It is a daily occurence for me!....but a tiny amount from many would still add up to be a great help, as you say Carnie x

I will be donating x

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information