Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: **IMPORTANT** Please help us Keep NMP up and running!!

Re: **IMPORTANT** Please help us Keep NMP up and running!!

re Important" help keep nmp running
    I would be prepared to donate a small amount each month. But how? Do not want to do this on my card Could I send a cheque and who to make it out to? Hopey

I have been a regular member here and am willing to make a donation but why don't you guys think about using google ads? Im sure you have thought of it, just wondering why you don't.

I know you probably don't want to do that and possibly feel it would change the feel of the site but a couple of ads would barely be noticeable and from the amount of visitors you guys get im sure it would go a long way to covering the costs of running the site.

I for one wouldn't mind seeing ads on here if the site was still set up in the same way as it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotagetthroughthis View Post
    I have been a regular member here and am willing to make a donation but why don't you guys think about using google ads? Im sure you have thought of it, just wondering why you don't.

I know you probably don't want to do that and possibly feel it would change the feel of the site but a couple of ads would barely be noticeable and from the amount of visitors you guys get im sure it would go a long way to covering the costs of running the site.

I for one wouldn't mind seeing ads on here if the site was still set up in the same way as it is now.
    I agree and I think it was mentioned earlier in the thread that they were going to look to free up some advertising space.

The only thing I would have an issue with is if we have adds promoting anxiety/panic cures offered by the 'gurus', unless Nic is happy with them and openly states whether they are sponsored or not because just being on here would be a seller for many I feel as this place is neutral & clearly respected. We even have people joining saying that NHS staff have told them about this place and they may become wary of advertising health products.

Venus, assertive is a CBT thing, You should run the post more often. I mean who can not afford at least five pounds. I can and I'm on a disability pension. Maybe you could move the donate button or put it on more than one page. Any one offended isn't as bad as I was, I would have given anything for a site like this. If payment became mandatory I would pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Davit View Post
    Venus, assertive is a CBT thing, You should run the post more often. I mean who can not afford at least five pounds. I can and I'm on a disability pension. Maybe you could move the donate button or put it on more than one page. Any one offended isn't as bad as I was, I would have given anything for a site like this. If payment became mandatory I would pay.
    I don't mind paying a membership but it raises a load of questions. In my mind it should be something affordable to all based on what they get back.

The problem is that it might be only some paying and I question whether that would be better under a collective agreement to afford some protection to Nic or this issue may keep resurfacing over covering her costs.

---------- Post added at 06:35 ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 ----------

If you look at OCD UK's forum, they have a "please support us" message at the top on every page. Is it possible to do that even on vBulletin?
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 08-04-15 at 06:24.

I will let Nic reply properly later as she has still got a lot going on at the minute.

We want to keep NMP free to members as that is one of the 'selling points' of it..... also everyone should be entitled to free support and that is wher NMP comes into its own, we don't want to force people to pay to access the support as a lot of people don't have the money to do that but still deserve the support that NMP gives, it is an all inclusive site.

The ammount of donations we have had is amazing and the generosity of those who heve given is phenomenal so another big thank you for that, you should be proud of yourselves.

Hopey, I shall PM you

We are also in the middle of upgrading the forum to Vbulletin 5 (another very kind donation) which will give Nic the options to put a few adverts on the forum but Nic will choose the adverts carefully.

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

You could migrate from vBulletin to an open source alternative for the forum... That would be a good cost saving and it's relatively easy to migrate.

Unfortunately we have so many addons to the vbulletin forum to make the forum what it is on the administration side of things, that it is very very hard to find one that offers all that we need in a forum.

NMP is run on it's own dedicated server at the minute and we get control of when that is rebooted etc and the service we get from the company is exceptional and we wouldn't get all that from an open source alternative.

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Does everyone know that nmp has it's own shop?

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/shop/

And don't forget about EastFundraising.org.uk. Its easy to sign up and I've found that it has companies on there which are not on my Nectar points list so I will use that so NMP get something back.

Plus you can now link your Nectar card with your Ebay account. This means you go can through EasyFundraising's click through page first and still get Nectar points on Ebay.

---------- Post added at 08:50 ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 23tana View Post
    Does everyone know that nmp has it's own shop?

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/shop/
    Plus Annie's got a Facebook store and gives 10% of sales to NMP.

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=166138

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread Information