Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: **IMPORTANT** Please help us Keep NMP up and running!!

Re: **IMPORTANT** Please help us Keep NMP up and running!!

Like a lot of other people I cannot log into the chatroom, there is a real problem with java, I very rarely post anything, sort out the problem with java and I and I expect others will consider donating, whats the point of donating to a site that by and large doesn't help me anymore. ALAN

Have you thought Alan, that it is time and funds that has caused the problems in chat to not be solved quicker, what an ignorant and unnecessary comment.
    Maybe your donation may help to find a new host (sorry if this is not the correct term, i'm not technically minded) for this site, then you can carry on joining in.

Everyone who helps run this site do a massive service every day and i am ever so thankful for what they do. I for one would be completely lost without NMP, thankfully i can still access chat, but even if i couldn't i would be happy in the thought that everything was being done that could be done to fix the problem. Being a negative nelly helps no one!

There are a few reasons for the chat room problems...

1. we need to upgrade the chat room and this costs money to sort out and it is also taking time as we need a chat room with specific requirements. we have been looking for a suitable one for a long time now so we have not been sat doing nothing about the chat room.

2. Alex is our technical Guru on the site who is going through the split with Nic and is suffering as much as she is and at the minute really has other things to be doing rather than sorting and writing new chat rooms.

We are sorting the chat room but there is only so much we can do at the minute.... if you feel that the site is not helping you then we are not forcing you to donate at all.... we appreciate every single donation we do get but do not force anyone to donate, that bit is up to the member.
    Last edited by venusbluejeans; 02-02-15 at 01:19.

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

I never use the chat room but this site has really helped me a lot over the years ... I honestly just forget that it does take money and time to run, so thank you to everybody who does it and who has pitched in to keep this going.

I don't use the chatroom either, to be honest. I would get tongue tied and shy.

Quite frankly, if someone is that desperate to talk and can't through the chat room, what is the issue with posting??

Maybe then they would find the site does indeed 'HELP' them.

Sorry to hear about your troubles Nic

Are you recognised by HMRC as a charity because you won't be pulling in enough to become a registered one with the Charity Commission unless you want CIO status.

If you did this you could access Gift Aid for UK donations to boost against your costs. That would drop your costs to £80 in UK donations. I think the only problem for some of us then is going to be the tax issue because we may not pay enough or any to qualify to give you Gift Aid. (how do we get around that?)

I only pay tax on savings in the current financial year so I doubt I would qualify.

---------- Post added at 06:42 ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by swgrl09 View Post
    so sorry to hear ... i'll donate of course

---------- Post added at 11:41 ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 ----------

Just thinking about it, I know the exchange rate is high from USD to pounds, so I wish I could give more than I did. But if everybody who logged in gave 5 dollars or pounds or whatever per month, that would be more than enough to run this! So no shame to anybody who can just give a few dollars or what have you, it all makes a difference.

---------- Post added at 11:47 ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 ----------

Now I'm on a roll here lol sorry another addition ... Any of the admins - have you heard of Amazon Smile? Not sure how it works exactly but you can list a charity and when people select your charity, they shop on amazon for anything they typically would buy there and amazon donates a % to the charity. I wonder if it is doable for NMP?
    Amazon Smile gives 0.5% but the one Emma mentioned gives 1.5% for Amazon purchases. I've never heard of it but at least it means we can get them more. To be honest, I didn't know about this and I could have been putting my Xmas pressie purchases through this for NMP! I used to get Nectar points of Amazon but now they have stopped again and I still need to use them as they are far cheaper than anywhere else for some of the stuff I seem to buy.

A local charity I used to attend offered membership with or without subscription and I think it was either whatever you wanted to pay or 50p or something like that. Every little bit does help afterall.

If NMP is a charity, can we not pursue grants? The National Lottery give money out and can we even chase celebrities for a donation given many of them have or still do suffer from mental health conditions?

It just strikes me that whilst its a lot of money to Nic, its not in the grand scheme of charities and if even a one off payment to give Nic some breathing space can be obtained, its better than nothing. She needs something ongoing, thats for sure, but like you say, its not that much if we spread it. I will make a donation, I'm just awaiting an answer on the Gift Aid question because I would prefer to add the extra 25p per pound if possible.

Also, I think we need to be mindful of how we donate because when I clicked Donate to see how it processes ot shows that Nic is using Paypal so there are some fees to consider if we are outside the UK or don't have a Paypal or Bank Account to donate from https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/paypal-fees (Am I right in thinking that if we Paypal you cash that we haven't first credited to our Paypal accounts, you will get hit with the Debit Card fee?)
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 02-02-15 at 06:50.

The issue with posting is you have to wait for a reply, some people are desperate to chat with someone there and then, the chatroom is very helpful to a lot of people. I will not stoop to critisising other members on this thread , I have sent a message to venus complaining about these put down comments towards me, I am entitled to my opinion and shouldn't have to suffer this these abusive comments.

Done,

I thought of setting up a monthly payment, that way I'm donating monthly.

Thats a nice idea Yvonne. I would be up for doing a sort of standing order to NMP, that way it's smaller donations, but spread out so we give more and secure it's future too.

AND
    'AV A
    PASTY

SarahH is offline Most Naughty-ish Member Ever

BUMPING!!.. this needs to be read by all

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread Information