Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: **IMPORTANT** Please help us Keep NMP up and running!!

Re: **IMPORTANT** Please help us Keep NMP up and running!!

Hm, I'm not sure about the debit fee Terry. I used paypal because it would exchange the currency from USD automatically. But mine is set up to automatically draw from my bank account, I don't think I was hit with any fees. I know I don't get fees within the US from them.

I'll have to remember the other site Venus mentioned. The thing about the admins is they don't ask for help from us and do everythng out of the goodness of their hearts so I think a lot of people just go about their lives and don't think anything of it. Maybe a yearly fundraiser or quarterly just to remind those of us who are a little forgetful about how to donate?

Thank you for your email Nic, which i obviously received

Good Idea swgrl. Yes we do forget and I am one of them that does x

its easy to forget this site is run free of charge for us all,it helps so many people in so many ways and should be supported by us its members
    thankyou again for such a great website full of information and genuine support
    Last edited by MrAndy; 02-02-15 at 15:50.

I'm just wondering if there's anything I can do to help.

As well as teaching guitar I am a freelance web developer. I've worked for other companies in the past also but went freelance September 2013.

It may be that there are cheaper alternatives for the running costs of the site with things like hosting. I have access to pretty cheap cloud hosting and also VPN's.

I cannot afford to donate just now either (maybe at end of month) BUT, my husband is a computer programmer and we have servers too, if there is anything he can do to help just shout out, he WILL give his service for free as I will tell him too (I get more help here and from the folks I have met here than from him, lol).

Quote Originally Posted by swgrl09 View Post
    Hm, I'm not sure about the debit fee Terry. I used paypal because it would exchange the currency from USD automatically. But mine is set up to automatically draw from my bank account, I don't think I was hit with any fees. I know I don't get fees within the US from them.

I'll have to remember the other site Venus mentioned. The thing about the admins is they don't ask for help from us and do everythng out of the goodness of their hearts so I think a lot of people just go about their lives and don't think anything of it. Maybe a yearly fundraiser or quarterly just to remind those of us who are a little forgetful about how to donate?
    According to Paypay a US to UK payment funded from by Paypal balance or bank account would get a 0.5% fee on top of any currency conversion. I says the sender normally chooses who pays the fee though so if you didn't get an option, I guess it may have been passed on or grouped with the conversion? I would have thought it would be broken down seperately on the statement somewhere though.

I only have my AMEX set up so I had to check because of the possibility of merchant fees on the other side. Paypal removed by bank account because I never use it to transfer from so I'll have to set it up again first before donating!

A fundraiser sounds a good idea. I think lior mentioned crowdfunding which will mean branching out using their sharing tools and over social media by members to gain some initial 'traction' to get the fund moving but it might be a way to pull in new people and other donations but there is a fee (often 3-10%) and a target campaign means if you don't hit it, you can't draw the funds, so it would probably be best as an open one unless they have a good idea they are going to raise the cash.

---------- Post added at 07:04 ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by venusbluejeans View Post

Swgrl09 - We us easy fundraising which uses online shopping to raise funds but I am not sure many people know about it. It sounds like the Amazon Smile is similar? http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/
    Emma - just a thought about this. There are some ways to generate funds on a one off basis with the free donations section. I wonder if we can get a load of these from things like signs ups and free trials? (as long as we all read the small print first)

I'll switch some of my spending from now on to go through this website instead where I'm not enrolled in another scheme. I wish I had realised as I could have put a few hundred in Amazon orders through this that I did for various family members last year!

Another thought I had, as Nic mentioned advertising space, is there are at least 2 authors of ebooks on here that have used NMP. In return for advertising space, could they offer a % of their sales?

I will also be donating on payday!

This site has been a huge support for me during the most difficult times with anxiety and I honestly don't know how I would have coped without all the amazing people who have shown me so much support here.

It is easy to forget that things cost money, and none of us would want the site to close. Not everyone will be able to donate and that is totally understandable but it is so important that people who can afford it even if its just a couple of quid help when they can.

Just want to say a huge thanks to everyone here, and especially those who keep the site running. I owe you all an awful lot

xxx

Just thinking, maybe more people will see this & donate if the message could be copied into every section of the forum somehow? The HA section regularly has 700-800 people looking at it, but other bits of the forum don't have so much... which is probably why not so many people have commented here.

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread Information