Thread: Help just been stung by a wasp or bee

Help just been stung by a wasp or bee

Guys really panicking pls help I was just sitting on my sofa and felt an almighty sting on my calf muscle then I saw what looked like a bee or wasp walking then flew off I immediately put ice on it but now I'm so afraid that I will get an allergic reaction I went to the pharmacy they gave me Avil antihistamine I took 2 and put done cream on that they gave me will I be ok I can't see a stinger and the sting had gone when would I know if I was having a reaction and I've never took antihistamine tablets but I just took then as I wa so scared can some one pls reassure me thank you

---------- Post added at 11:37 ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 ----------

And does Avil make you feel drowsy? I took two 22.7 mg pills

Re: Help just been stung by a wasp or bee

I've never panicked personally about being allergic to a bee or wasp sting, but after my dog got her paw stung I did some research because I was concerned about her being allergic.

What I discovered was, if you're allergic you're going to have the reaction within about the first 15-30 minutes. I'm betting that much time has passed already for you, so I'll bet you're fine

You've done everything right. I actually like making a baking soda and water paste and putting that on the sting - makes it feel better for me, but whatever works for you. It's probably feeling better by now anyway .

Don't worry about the stinger - it's probably fallen out and if it hasn't, then it will. Your body has evolved to prepare for this exact thing and will work that stinger out if need be.

As for the medication, antihistamines in general can make some people drowsy. It may not be the case for everyone, but just watch out for it if you plan to go drive a semi or something.

Feel better!
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Re: Help just been stung by a wasp or bee

Ah thank you so much yes stingy is feeling better
    Just waiting for the drowsiness to subside thanks again for your reply x

Thread Information