Thread: Feeling of falling when sat still.

Feeling of falling when sat still.

Hi all,

Does anyone else have a symptom of feeling like they are falling even when sat still? This happens to me now and again and seems to trigger panic as I feel like something in my head is going wrong it doesn't feel like dizziness.
    Each time this happens I end up back at the start thinking it must be something other than panic attacks. My full blood count returned all normal but still this does not reassure me.
    Also if I do anything physically exhausting such as cleaning,vaccuming I get more tired than before I started suffering from PA.
    I feel totally house bound at the moment, and if I go out in the evening(once a week if I feel up to it) only to the local pub the effort I have to put in to appear "normal" exhausts me and the next day I always suffer an attack.
    I'm really struggling with all this at the moment. I used to live such an active life. Somedays I force myself to do the things that I used to but always pay the price by getting attacks. Hoping for some advice. Thanks H :( x

Yes Helen, i know exactly what you mean. I suffer with terrible dizziness all the time and that 'falling' feeling, even when sitting. Worse when i look down too. Horrible i know!!! I too was very active until 'this' happened to me and now just getting out of the chair sometimes seems too much for me. I would clean the whole house on my own in a day, now i'm lucky if i can polish one room, then have to rest. It is awful to be like this but i think that we are all in the same boat and we are all here to support each other through this. I don't go out very often but have attacks when i do too. I'm trying my best to deal with them and to just keep going, but you feel as though you are not alive anymore and are just mearly existing. Everything i do is such an effort. I sympathise with you on this and know how it feels. Angie.x

It takes a minute to get anxiety, but a lifetime to get rid of it!!!

Thanks for your support Angie. It really helps knowing i'm not alone and it's kind of you to take the time to reply.
    I just hope one day soon we all feel better.
    It's true what you say a minute to get this and a lifetime to battle it. I think my new approach is to just keep on as I would. I'm not giving in to this!! If I have to rest more than it's something I am just going to have to learn to accept. I don't want my world to get too small.

Helen x

Helen you are so not alone with this - I for one get this feeling too!

I did another version of it yesterday by moving my head too quickly and thought I was gonna fall over (made me feel totally panicky inside) I had visitors so I just carried on and it went as quickly as it came.

Anxiety certainly can be very very tiring - I'm learning to go with the flow more these days by doing stuff as and when I feel boosts of energy, which seems to be working.

Love Piglet

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Yep, i think we have no choice but do just carry on. It is very hard though, which makes us incredibly strong people!! Angie

It takes a minute to get anxiety, but a lifetime to get rid of it!!!

Hi

You are defo not alone, Im always saying i think im going to fall (never have as yet tho!), It is a horrible feeling thats for sure!

Take care

Wendy x

Thread Information