Thread: Anyone ever done this?

Anyone ever done this?

Health-orieinted OCD sufferer here. Recently during a panic attack related to me fearing that I had Leukemia, I randomnly had this deja-vu like premonition type thing, kinda like a voice, but not an auditory hallucination, that told me I was going to die in 114 days. That would be April 26th! Has something similar happened to anyone else here? I'm freaking out about this!

Re: Anyone ever done this?

Yes. About 8 years ago it was, it came from nowhere and was so random. The date was very clear, it was about 3 months away and I was basically a nervous wreck the entire time! I even said goodbye to some family members the week before but didn't dare tell anyone as I believed that would 'confirm' my fate.

I remember the day coming, and I tried to carry on as normal and then decided to go to the gym in the evening as I thought it might be a good distraction. Nothing happened lol, midnight came and went and I felt like I had a second chance at life!

Never happened since, well it almost has but I just try to laugh it off and distract myself. Please try not to worry, there is no power in these thoughts, it's definitely anxiety/OCD and trying to gain some control in a scary world.

Yes I had something similar a number of years ago, thinking I knew I was going to die at a certain age. I didn't die, which made me realise that it was merely a fear thought.

Thank goodness for this website. I had the same EXACT problem. I had a deja vu moment and the voice told me that i was going to die in 2024. Here i am looking for people who had a similar experience and lived. Thank you thank you thank you. Im not crazy and I'm not going to die! Yay!

Slightly similar, but I have always had this strange feeling about March 21st. Every time that date is approaching I feel strange and a bit worried.

With the deja vu feeling, I remmeber jokingly saying to a group of friends once that my cause of death would be alcohol-related, and I felt a strange cold feeling that was similar to a deja vu, almost like there was some element of truth in it.

I still drink alcohol (probably too much of it).

well the good news is that will not happen to you jabberwoxx. Since my last visit here I've had DOZENS of deja vu moments. I then imagine terrible things happening to me in a specific time. None have happened. Also, strovebe is still alive. I just talked to him a few weeks ago on a different forum.

Also, deja vu is not a rip in space and time, or a sign of psychic powers. Its a tiny seizure in the brain that most people experience once in a great while. Almost like a hiccup in the brain. (Its possible that you experienced deja vu due to the alcohol that night. Haha.)

In fact, people with epilepsy experience deja vu before a full blown seizure. But you have nothing to be worried about. This happens to almost everyone.

Thread Information