Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Starting Mirtazapine! =O for anxiety and depression

Re: Starting Mirtazapine! =O for anxiety and depression

Hi Nigel,

Suicidal thoughts I know are distressing, but they are just thoughts, and thoughts cant hurt anything. You need to tell yourself that, and remind yourself you will never act on them.

Keep your routing going, and get regular exercise: whatever you like doing exercise-wise, do more of it regularly. It's great your sleep is good - this is a really good start; and yes, dreams under mirt can be very vivid and interesting so enjoy them!

I am still on mirt, and have been for 12 years. I don't care about that aspect, and nor should you - mirt and stuff are the wonders of modern science, and can give you your life back. If you need to be on them awhile, well so what? If people dropped dead after a long time on them, then we'd hear about it. So don't worry, and keep going.

Albert

Was on this for 2 years plus it really helped me sleep minus no major impact on anxiety and I did put on weight tapered off and came off , result don't sleep so good but would rather that than rely on tabs , anxiety peaks and troughs now but is worse for sure when I drink
    Found i suffered from bad night sweats to the point of saturation , still do except when I have a few drinks ?

I'm pretty much the same as yourself - I have been on 300mg of Pregabalin twice a day for a few years, and have now been prescribed 10mg of Mirtazapine once a day.

Pregabalin helps me with depression and negative thoughts, it is the only medication that has had an impact on my mental state, it helps to keep me stable, up to a point.

Mirtazapine hasn't really made me feel any different, apart from feeling sleepy the first week I was on it, but now I feel just the same as I did before.Maybe it will take a little longer to make an impact on my mental state, or maybe I need a higher dose.

I would say stick it out for at least a few months, and ask your Doctor for the highest dose if you think it isn't working out at the dose you're on.

Keeping your negative thoughts at bay can be tough, it's a battle to stay calm and stop thinking the worst.The squidgy computer in our head just needs a reboot, hopefully some form of medication or therapy will work for you.

Hi Nigel,

I agree with Albert that no AD will stop all negative thoughts, but as your doctor says, stay positive - you have made great progress in a short time. Blips do occur, but they are just that, a temporary dip.

Again, as Albert says, 30 mg is halfway between 15 mg and 45 mg, which are the three commonest doses for mirtazapine. If you are young and active, you probably metabolize the drug quite fast, which could mean you need a higher dose (maybe more trips to the gym recently has speeded up your metabolism!)

Anyway, good luck, and keep us posted.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information