Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WILL I GET THROUGH THIS ALIVE?

WILL I GET THROUGH THIS ALIVE?

[?]Hi all
    I dont know were to start really, I guess I will start from what Ive just done. I'm recovering from an overdose of 180mg diazapan,23 sleepers and a drug called seriquil. I was found by my husband with a weekened heart, 999, resuss 3 times and interbated for 5 days.
    This has been the biggest suicide attempt I have done, will it ever stop , I really don't know.

Brief outline of my life, loveless evil mother loving father.

Feelings of withdrawal lack of self estem and certainly no confidence, very sad lonely and unhappy child.Anoreria, Thoughts of suicide running away and putting myself into hospital for no reason to get away from the horrid people in my life.
    Abused by family friend fro 9-14yrs. Course he picked on the weekest and threatened me. I was week and powerless.
    left home at 16yrs to escape both issues.
    Pregnant at 17yrs old but very happy wanted something to love and feel love back. my daughter is now 20yrs old.
    Partner was a beater so left when daughter was 2yrs. He never wanted to see her again.
    Stayed on my own, because I wanted to protect my daughter from abuse so was completely rapping her in cotton wool, no one was going to put her through the feelings I have suffered all my life.

My dearest father was diganosed with cancer 1995, I feel apart again.
    unfortunately I meet a guy who at the time I thought was really ok, good to me and my daughter. He was a father so I assumed he had parenting skills. I judged him alot and allowed him into my daughters life because I was so protective.
    My father died Feb 1996, really went to pieces and couldnt cope. The one person in the world that I knew loved me.
    My daughter started to withdraw and struggled with her life, everyone put it down to her grandfathers death.
    Eventually 12 months later my daughter took an overdose and was taken to hospital, I then discovered she had lost so much weight, layers of clothing helped to hide it . My daughter weighed 6 stone. Whilst in the hospital she lost another stone and was taken up country to an eating disorders unit. Five years later she came out after a very trumatic time trying to keep her alive, heart failure etc etc etc. Her lowest weight was 4 stone.
    During the first year she was there I left my partner, he wasnt the person I thought he was, after 6 weeks I had to go back because the consultant looking after my daughter said if she found out she would blame her self and I could end up lossing her.
    I hated every minute in his company.

When my daughter was well enough to cope I told her we were leaving, my god she couldnt pack her stuff fast enough.
    We finally settled into a nice place together and start again.

Since my daughter was born I made sure no one would touch my daughter. August this year I found out that whilst my daughter was greiving her grandfather she was also enduring sexual abuse from my partner. Being abused myself, working with abused children and families I thought I would pick up the signs, why why why didnt I see it.
    My daughter has gone to the police and he has been arrested, released on bail, in the mean time I have attacked him and caused damage to his property.

Since october I have been an informal patient at our local nut house for treatment. I feel dead I have no life left in me , my abuse has come back, Im full of anger and rage that I cannot let go of, very very low self estem and no confidence, wanting no one around me. Anorexia and sever self harm has taken its toll on my body and I cannot stop. The self harm is getting out of control and if Im not careful I will be sectioned.

How much more can one person take in there lives, do I really want it any more. I really dont know the answer to that. This is my first home visit since the overdose and it feels weird.
    Even though I didnt know what was happening to my daughter I feel to blame and guilt, if only.

I have been diagnosed with post trumatic stress and borderline personality disorder, to me thats simply a fruit cake, a mad woman.
    The drugs Im currently taking shuts my body and brain down, I have

Hi Smudgie,

I read your post and I wasn't fed up, if anything I thought what a strong brave woman you are.

Your life in lots of ways has mirored my own, fortunately my children have not endured the things that I have. I am so very sorry that your daughter has endured the things that she has.

What a difficult time for both of you!

I am also so very sorry that you felt there was nothing left for you, I have felt that way myself, lots of times.

However my mother commited suicide when I was nine, something I have never fully recovered from so I know the pain that is left behind, so that will never be an option for me.

Your daughter will forgive you, it might take some family counselling but together you will get there. She probably feels guilty about your recent attmpt. I am sure you feel guilty for the things that have happened to her but you are not to blame!!! She is not to blame!!!! the only blame lies with your ex.

Abusers are very skilled at appearing to be different people. they are manipulative and evil. You can't hold yourself responsible for his actions. All you can do is be there for your daughter an hopefully you can learn to heal together!

There are lots of wonderful members on this site and I can honestly say they have seen me through some of my darkest hours.

Feel free to PM or e-mail me if you wish, I wish there was more I could do to help you and your daughter but I will be there in any way that I can.

Hugs to you

Lynnann

Hi There

I can sympathise with you entirely i used to be married to a guy who i discovered after our divorce had abused my 2 boys when they were 7 and 10 he was taken to court and found not guilty (long story) my eldest son wont speak to me im not allowed to see my grandkids and i now have a criminal record thanks to him cos i sent posters to all his neighbours telling them what he did!!!!

try and keep yer chin up

luv kaz x x x

Hi Smudgie,

Big hugs coming your way. Here everyone is lovely and will never get fed up listening hun. xx

Take Care

Mandyxx

Hi Smudgie and welcome to NMP. Your daughter will come round but what you did is very difficult to deal with!!
    My Dad tried to kill himself several times when i was growing up , to the extent that if i couldnt find him i would go to the local itu dept to see if he was there and he often was!! With my Mother already dead this was a lot to deal with. You have been a good Mum and your daughter needs you she will come back but shes in a world of pain right now!!

Take care Love Matilda

Hi Smudgie,

You have certainly had more than your share of pain in your life. I am so glad that you did not succeed in your suicide attempt as I am sure your daughter is. I am sure you two will make peace, she is probably just upset with you right now as you would be with her if she had done the same thing. You absolutely cannot blame yourself for the abuse that she went through, only the abuser is to blame.

I do not think you are mad or crazy. I do think you are very angry and have every right to be after all you have been through. It seems to me, you need to try to do everything you can to get better to build a relationship with your daughter as she needs you now. She also will need counseling as now you know she has been abused. You two need each other and it seems like you have always been there for each other. I think you have been a great Mum and you need to somehow reach deep inside and 1) eat, 2) no self harming and 3) if you do feel suicidal call someone immediately.

You have found a great site here with so many who understand what you have been through. I hope things get better for you.

Love,

Belxx

"Our thoughts are our reality"

HI ALL
    ID LIKE TO THANK YOU ALL FOR THE , SUPPORT AND WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT YOU HAVE ALL OFFERED ME. I HAVE CERTAINLY FOUND THE RIGHT PLACE TO AIR WHO I FEEL. I FELT SO ALONE AT THE MOMENT, BECAUSE I FEEL IM THE ONLY ONE.

I HAVE BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH PTSD AND NOW QUESTIONS ABOUT BORDERLINE PERSONALITY DISORDER, WHICH MATERIALISES FROM PTSD. IM AFRAID , I CANT CONTROL MY EMOTIONS AND GET OUT OF CONTROL.
    THREE DAYS AGO I TOOK A CHEESE GRATER TO MY FACE AND DID SERIOUS DAMAGE BECAUSE IM SO UGLY AND WANT TO GET RID OF THE UGLY FACE AND GIVE CAUSE FOR PEOPLE TO BELEIVE IM UGLY.

IM BACK ON LAXATIVES AND EATING NOTHING.IT JUST GOES ON AND ON.
    HOW LONG I WILL STAY AT HOME I DONT KNOW, I GUESS IT WILL BE WHEN I SEE THE CONSULTANT AND END UP BACK IN THE NUT HOUSE AGAIN.

THERE IS MORE TO THE SITUATION ABOUT MY DAUGHTER AND I BUT IM FINDING THAT HARD TO SAY, I HAVE SOME DOUBTS ABOUT WHAT SHE HAS SAID DUE TO INCONSISTANT STORIES, WHICH IS HURTING ME LIKE MAD. ALSO THE RELATIONSHIP WITH HER REAL DAD HAS BEEN GOING ON BEHIND MY BACK AND SHE TREATS HIM BETTER THAN ME.
    MY DAUGHTER HAS HIGH ATTENTION DISORDER FROM THE ANOREXIA SO LIFE IS HARD BECAUSE I DONT BELEIVE HALF OF WHAT SHE SAYS, LIKE I WENT TO INDIA IN MARCH, 4 DAYS IN TO THE TRIP I PHONED HER AND SHE TOLD ME SHE HAD CANCER, I PANIC AND CAME HOME, IT WAS A LIE.
    I WATCHED HER ATTEMPT SUICIDE 3 TIMES AND STARVING HERSELF TO DEATH BUT I NEVER TURNED MY BACK.

IM VERY PLEASED I CAN WRITE WHAT I WANT TOO WITHOUT FEELING JUDGE OR QUESTIONED.
    THANK YOU FOR MAKING ME FEEL WELCOME.

I THOUGHT ONCE I WAS STRONG BUT THE FIGHT HAS GONE IN ME.

TAKE CARE ALL AND THANK YOU
    SMUDGIE
    NESS

ness

THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT AND SUPPORT, IT HELPS.
    <b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hi Smudgie,

I read your post and I wasn't fed up, if anything I thought what a strong brave woman you are.

Your life in lots of ways has mirored my own, fortunately my children have not endured the things that I have. I am so very sorry that your daughter has endured the things that she has.

What a difficult time for both of you!

I am also so very sorry that you felt there was nothing left for you, I have felt that way myself, lots of times.

However my mother commited suicide when I was nine, something I have never fully recovered from so I know the pain that is left behind, so that will never be an option for me.

Your daughter will forgive you, it might take some family counselling but together you will get there. She probably feels guilty about your recent attmpt. I am sure you feel guilty for the things that have happened to her but you are not to blame!!! She is not to blame!!!! the only blame lies with your ex.

Abusers are very skilled at appearing to be different people. they are manipulative and evil. You can't hold yourself responsible for his actions. All you can do is be there for your daughter an hopefully you can learn to heal together!

There are lots of wonderful members on this site and I can honestly say they have seen me through some of my darkest hours.

Feel free to PM or e-mail me if you wish, I wish there was more I could do to help you and your daughter but I will be there in any way that I can.

Hugs to you

Lynnann

<div align="right">Originally posted by Lynnann - 13 January 2007 : 02:51:15</div id="right">
    </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    ness

Hi Smudgie!

Let me start with saying what an incredible woman you are! Excuse my language but a whole lot of s**t happened to you throughout your life and you are holding up so strong! I think if you just keep posting, it will help you because here NOBODY is judged! There are other incredible people here that can relate to you and will help you enormously by providing compassionate support and guidance in the darkest of times!
    I don't know if its any help to you, but I think your daughter might just be in an age when she would anyway feel resentment towards you even if you didn't attempt suicide. I remember I had a rocky relationship with my mum between 15-18 and I had no reason to resent her I just did, it came with my age. When I turned into a young adult from a teenager I felt guilty for it, but now I understand it is just part of being a teen!
    She surely has a whole lot of issues on her plate as well and she makes her own choices, but she probably loves you very much deep down but doesnt know or want to show it and probably she would like some affection but doesn't wanna show it or ask for it. That's how it was with me anyway at her age.

Please pm me anytime you want to just get things off your shoulders I have huge Dumbo ears for listening

hugs to you xxx

Re: WILL I GET THROUGH THIS ALIVE?

Smudgie,

There's not much I can say or do other than to tell you you're in my thoughts.

Hang in there. You can't fix your past. You can't change what's happened. But you can and do control the future.

Like I said, hang in there. If you wanna chat, PM me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information