Thread: Scared of anal cancer or bowel cancer

Scared of anal cancer or bowel cancer

TMI alert:
    I'm terribly frightened. I have had an itchy bottom and more recently noticed small dots of blood on tissue after I wipe. Not every time but when I feel I have wiped too much. I can never get completely clean. Sometimes I'll go back to the bathroom afterward and wipe and I'll have stool there.
    This has been going on for 4 months. Not constantly. But comes and goes. Saw dr see peeked at my anus said she didn't see anything and prescribed suppositories. It didnt take symptoms away completely.
    I am so scared I have anal cancer. I've been googling and I seem to have symptoms of anal cancer. I know no one can tell me I dont. But I'm so scared. I have 2 kids and a husband and a seemingly great life. I know people die all the time and get cancer diagnosis but I'm scared!

Re: Scared of anal cancer or bowel cancer

Hi there Vida, I have had this on and off for years started when I was 17, I'm 41 now, wen to docs when first happened, he checked and said there was a slight tear, nothing serious, I think back then it was due to my diet, now I eat very healthy and very rarely have a problem, or it could be piles, they itch and bleed. Xx

Thank you for replying to my post. It's a little comforting to know that someone else has this and it's not directly related to anal cancer. My health anxiety sends me in a spin and it's so hard to think positive. I am sorry though that you deal with these same symptoms. Thank you again.

Sounds like you have piles.. I have had the same thing, really common after having 2 kids! Comes and goes. Flares up for no apparent reason.
    Been the same for 9 years now and I'm pretty sure I'd know if it was cancer!
    Try to drink lots of water and eat fibrous foods. It will likely clear up on its own.. If not get your doctor to prescribe something.

---------- Post added at 20:36 ---------- Previous post was at 20:35 ----------

Oh and stay away from doctor google. He thinks everything is cancer!!!

Thread Information