Thread: New to pregabalin

New to pregabalin

Hi

I started this med at begining of january 75mg twice daily, initially seemed to work brill for first couple of weeks now im bck to bad anxiety on the evenings. Im bck at my doctors on weds im wondering if i should suggest increasing dose? When i first started this had feelings of being drunk and sleepiness now im bck to not sleeping well.

Im also on sertraline 50mg every other day ive been on that for 10 years used to taked 100mg od but weaned myself to 50mg od and then 50mg every other day bout 2 years ago.

My anxiety came bck nov last year i tried to re increase my sertraline but this lead to me being extremely sensitive to noise and feeling angry so i refused to increase it, gp says i have GAD, i have in past had PND and pure O OCD. Im starting to get my old OCD thoughts bck and now hate being alone with my daughter, as the angry episodes off the sertraline made me think i was going to hurt someone.

Im just devastated to think the pregabalin was working but appears not to be now?

Re: New to pregabalin

If I were you, id see if I could take it 3 times a day, I imagine the evening low is because its wearing off. I once took it 3 times a day and did ok with it, the second time I took it I was on 2 per day, and it wasn't as good.

I now am not taking it at all, but thats because it gave me almost permanent blurred vision and bloating.

SarahH is offline Most Naughty-ish Member Ever

Up the pregabalin

Sarah

I'm on 200mg sertraline and 600mg of pregabalin. I would say you need to up it alwaysanxious33.

Got to agree you need to try a higher dose

Try the higher dose, but there are others on this forum who say it just increases side effects.

SarahH is offline Most Naughty-ish Member Ever

But the side effects should pass with times..... everyone is different on this med.

Sarah

I actually like the side effects certainly the stoned feeling!

Yes I would agree the SEs from Preg are mostly benign in my experience: you just feel a bit woozy, and as long as you're not driving or needing to give a business presentation, this is good if you've been feeling stressed out...

I remember briefly being on Venflaxazine and I felt that my head was about to explode! Ghastly, as are most SSRIs at first. And lest we forget, the listed side effects of many such ADs is, er, depression and suicidal thoughts. The last thing you should give people in a mental crisis, without any warning at all from the GP. They just give you a prescription and off you go...

But yes, given the information available I would suggest upping the dose - it probably won't do any harm, and might help a lot. You can go up to 600mg a day total, so you have plenty of headroom.

good luck

Albert

Thread Information