Thread: green stool scared

green stool scared

For the past month i been getting a lot of stomachaches and pooping a lot and for a few days not in a row i have light green poop and i'm scared it's something serious,i read that certain cereals like fruity pebbles could cause this i had them yesterday but it wasn't green till today. I'm worried it's a gallbladder problem need help?

Re: green stool scared

You would have right upper abdomen pain if it was gall bladder problems I've had gall stones 2 were stuck in my common bile duct they have been removed and I'm fine now. It's most probably a minor digestive problem. Go to your doctor. Babies get green poop and it's called colic so maybe it's adult colic? I'm pretty sure you are OK. But I'm not a Dr, hope u get sorted refocus try not to stress xx

Re: green stool scared

I had my gallbladder removed due to stones and chronic inflammation. Bowel changes were never a symptom I had. It started as very sharp pain that felt like I was being stabbed for 2-3 hours straight. Over time, it became a more dull constant pain in that one area combined with overwhelming nausea. (RUQ)

Green bowel movements can be an array of things, mostly attributed to diet. Leafy greens and other green veggies are a huge attributer to green poop. They can also cause stomach aches from gas and fiber. Colds and flu can do the same. As far as I know, green poop doesn't really point to anything really scary. Black tarry poop or bloody poop can point to cancers. Yellowy, foul poops can be a liver or digestive problem. Some consistencies or sizes of poop can be an issue. Most other colors are usually diet related.

Having had a gallbladder removal myself, I think you are okay. But an ultrasound can check that. Its very non evasive and can give you peace of mind.

Thread Information