Thread: Stress test results

Stress test results

So i know there is no-one that can medically comment on this post, and since the great RLR has not been seen online for a while I can-not ask there. I am trying to stay away from Dr. Google

Basically after having what I considered anxiety related skipped beats, I was sent for a stress test last week, test went well I lasted just over 11mins and it was hard work, during the test I had a number of single skipped beats and they showed up as ventricular extrasystoles, both the guy running the test and the cardiac doctor in the room seemed totally unworried by the results, but said they need to be reviewed and I will get a letter in around 4 weeks.

Now I am glad these skips showed on the test since I am told alot they are not real and all in my head, and that they let me go and didn't rush me off to the Cath lab, I just do not seem to be able to rest with the results, tonight I had 3 skips in a row and went a little light headed, I keep thinking about my family history (heart attacks in early 40s but they were all really heavy smokers). I am 35 and 17 stone, my cholesterol used to be around 8 and is now under 5, I really do not want to have a heart attack but I am so worried about it, I just do not know what to think

So my questions (finally) Are ventricular extrasystols the same as PVCs ? Does it make a difference when you have these skips (i.e during exercise or after or just sitting at my desk).
    Should I try chasing up the report and see if I can make it faster than4 weeks

Sorry this post is a mess but I am having trouble keeping focus at the moment.

Re: Stress test results

Yup, ventricular extrasystoles are PVCs.

From what I've read, when inactive and during exercise, occasional PVCs don't mean much. They may mean more if they occur just after exercise.

The medical staff obviously didn't see anything too concerning, though, so that's reassuring.

Thread Information