Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: my fluoxetine journey

my fluoxetine journey

Hi guys im a newbie and im on day 2 of my fluoxoteine journey!
    Previously i have been on sertraline and citalopram bith had major intolerances too ive managed to survive an entire year on nothing other than proprananol in the last 4 months due to situational things that have happened
    if anyone can give me any tips on how to cope through the start up period id appreciate it loads!
    So day 1 went like this nausea mania feeling but feeling awsome like normal awsome! followed by the mania feeling again and some period of anxiousness but not too bad as ive bern increased to proprananol 3 x a day i managed to sneak in an early night last night no interrupted sleep anxiety or kid wise lol

Day 2
    this morning i felt nauseated and actually vomited but thats normal with my anxiety sometimes so im not too concerned about it that much slight mania feeling less intense as of yesterday but generally feeling good do feel a tad anxious but not as bad after having my fluoxoteine this morning i just now feel tired and a bit sleepy everything seems brighter though!
    is this a good start?

---------- Post added at 13:24 ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 ----------

Ok so this afternoon ive had my second proprananol earlier than usual as ive felt as if i was going to jump out my skin feeling a bit low at the moment and tired as if my mood has dropped i havebt done much today so going to try and distract myself done mindfulness meditatiin this morning to help with anxiety but my energy seems to have sunken into i cant be bothered to do anything! at the moment but sleep and go back to bed

Re: my fluoxoteine journey

Ok so about an hour after i posted i began to feel normal as if a fog had lifted and everything was so bright when i took a trip to the shop its like someone has taken my tinted glasses off that was at about 4 hours ago now im in bed missed my meeting as i all of a sudden felt a massive wave of drowsiness im hoping for a good nights kip tonight but ill keep posting to keep an update

Hugs-keep up the good work. I am on day one and terrified x

U will be ok im here if u want to chat through the side effects :-) x

---------- Post added at 08:08 ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 ----------

day 3
    woke up feeling ok no palpatations anxiety seems to be minimal had a coffee can feel a little fluctuation in palpatations but nothing too bad feel a bit tired tried to sleep last night mind was racing and felt as though i was light sleeping so done some hypnosis to help

---------- Post added at 08:54 ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 ----------

Going to do some mindfulness this morning as i can feel my anxiety creeping in also feeling a bit low and teary but i think that has more to do with my eldest at the moment im having trouble getting him to school at the moment and it seems like a battle with him every morning at the moment had a word with his teacher and we devised a plan but unfourtunatley its fizzled out xxx

---------- Post added at 11:00 ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 ----------

Started to feel agitated a bit and rather moody also and snappy and stressed!

Thanks Buttercup. Sorry to hear you are feeling rubbish. I hope your day gets better. I am feeling ok, but so early days yet x

this is going to sound a bit nuts but i think ive wound myself up also as in so used to veing stressed on edge that ive over reacted a bit too i dont feel drowsy anymore bit nausea but csn feel anxiety today xxxx

---------- Post added at 14:17 ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 ----------

I think i may have found a pattern i take my tablet in the morning after my breakfast now i noticed for the last 3 days up untill half 1or 2 oclock i start leveling out im unsure wether to switch to the night or not as it seems to be a period of 6 hours and then leveling out a bit with no side effects do i take one tonight if i was to try this?

I think stick to what you are doing as you know what to expect.

Glad to see there is some improvement, but you will not notice that the anxiety has gone for a bit yet, until the benefit starts to kick in.

Keep me posted on how you are getting on.

Best wishes,

Sally

Thanks sally for replying to my post i shall keep u updated of my progress i hope u are well xxx

day 4

Ok so last night i found it hard to drift off my stomach was rumbling whilst i was lying in bed so i got up and finished my sandwhich and drank some water as i laid back down i felt nausea
    awoke this morning with notts in my stomach but have a lot going on personally with family members so its hard to tell if its the tabs or that got up felt ok in general though just had to have some breakfast as i missed it this morning before i took my tablets so had that nauseated i havent eaten feeling nd felt a little dizzy had a bit of a stressful morning afterwards but feeling alot perkier

---------- Post added at 10:51 ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 ----------

Done a bit of shopping dropped my son of too school but Feel like a wave of tiredness has hit me so a snooze is in order if i can sleep or just not moving under my duvet and films or rubbish tele might even sneak in some mindfulness whilst my youngest is having his nap got to drive and pick my friend up later from her town as shes coming down for the night missed my recovery meeting today also as im on standby for my son with school x

---------- Post added at 12:45 ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 ----------

I have nervy stomach belly day 4 defiantly the worst so far for anxiety and a headache

Watching the rugby and stupidly set a trigger off of anxiety at myself but as i felt my panic building it dissapated realky quickly sign its starting to work?

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information