Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: my fluoxetine journey

Re: my fluoxetine journey

Hi there, Im 2 days off beginning week 4 (day 18). The last 5 days has been hell and Ive felt no improvement at all apart from having much more energy. I keep waking up in the middle of the night having a massive panic attack and cant get back to sleep without vallium ,and when that wears of anxiety hits all over again. should I have felt at least felt a little better by now? Im considering giving this up :-(

Hi! Just read this thread and am now curious how you are doing now?

The first few weeks of the Prozac can be difficult but I found it was much less difficult than my anxiety. It made me very tired for about the first week but it got better. Also I completely understand what you mean about the fog being lifted, I felt that one day 2 as well, that was one of my best days! It just keeps getting better. It helped me to think "tomorrow is going to be even better than today" and each day was. My doctor said it takes 6-8 weeks to get the full effects for the medicine. But don't let that discourage you, I start feeling effects immediately but it just kept getting better. Also it will help if you go to some sort of therapy to learn tools to control your breathing and thoughts! I am on 2 months of Prozac and feeling so much better, I still have my moments but nothing I can't handle with the tools I've learned. Good luck on your journey, I'll pray for you!! 😇

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread Information