Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: my fluoxetine journey

Re: my fluoxoteine journey

Hi buttercup,

Well done for getting through your 4th day. I am on day 3 and I am absolutely knackered after really struggling to sleep.

How is your day so far?

Best wishes,

Sally

Re: my fluoxoteine journey

Day 5
    awoke this morning didnt want to get up feeling really tired these last two nights but relaxed tired my head has been a bit noisey though these last two days but dissapeared rather quickly had a headache again yesterday no sign of nausea genuine happy feeling most of the day with a few fluctuatiins of mood my son has been worrying me tho so its added stress thought ruminatiin about certain things happening at the moment also more mindfulness done thanks too the head space app and hypnitherapy to joseph clough app also time for me to sleep as i can hardly keep my eyes open check back in tomorrow

---------- Post added at 22:15 ---------- Previous post was at 22:14 ----------

Hi sally
    how are you doing today i hope your feeling a little better
    massive hugs to you
    buttercup

Re: my fluoxetine journey

Day 6

Woke up refreshed but tired had my tablets this morning always take a proprananol with my fluoxoteine just incase and have 2 for the rest of the day incase my anxiety ramps itself up feeling a bit fed up and teary this morning cried yesterday morning too anyone else found that they can cry at the drop of a hat through their first week? Feel quite anxious too at mo

Hi buttercup, I'm now on day 4, and can definitely feel the nasty side effects starting now. However, having been through this startup process so many times before, it's what I can expect. Good idea to have those propranolol to hand as a help, to take the edge off the anxiety.
    We'll get through this together, and come out the other side smiling xx

I think crying is good- as it is a way of getting it all out.

I am so distressed at the moment, that I cannot cry. But once I do cry, I know the tablets will be working again. So I think it is a good sign.

What is propanol? I have not been given this, just fluoxetine.

Best wishes,

Sally

Hi Sally, yes I know what you mean about crying - I can't cry when I feel like this, and wish I could!!
    Propranolol is a beta blocker which a doctor may prescribe to manage anxiety and the jitters. There is a separate sub forum for it on this website, which you might find useful. X

Thank you both for the support we shall definatly get through this together my anxiety has kicked right in today and have been thinking of ditching the tabs over panicking that they are the wrong ones please tell me what im feeling is normal!?

---------- Post added at 19:04 ---------- Previous post was at 19:03 ----------

Managed to get out and about earlier which done wonders but couldnt wait to get back home and jump under my duvet

---------- Post added at 19:17 ---------- Previous post was at 19:04 ----------

Do feel a bit agitated tonight also?

Well as it's still very early days for you Buttercup, it's much too early to say. In lots of other threads on here, you'll see that so many people have reported worsening symptoms, before they feel better. Especially in the first couple of weeks. I always feel worse to start with, before I feel better. Unfortunate but true! However, I try to think of these horrible feelings as the tablets starting to have an effect. It might take a few weeks for you to feel something approaching back to normal, but try to give the meds a few weeks to start to help you xx

Thanks bissaf for the advice
    day 7
    woke up really anxious excuse the tmi but was sick and my capsule come back up full so had to retake another one finding it hard to catch my breath this morning but that is one side of my anxiety that i know happens still feel as though im about to burst into tears also hopefully start of a new week i will start to see some improvement of side effects dimminisioning post in later

---------- Post added at 10:05 ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 ----------

Seemed to have worked myself up this morning had a hard time getting my son to school then picked up the wrong electric key and lost some money perhaps its prozac brain lol pjs back on rubbish movies as my anxiety is through the roof letter off solicitor also because ex has breached his undertaking and has given him a warning hopefully he will listen this time! X

---------- Post added at 12:10 ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 ----------

I feel a bit high/manic again nauseated anxious and weary as in sad! Am currently watching tv under my duvet gonna try and eat somthing and have my last proprananol of the day had to take my second a little earlier as i felt so anxious guess second week is side effect week!

Hi Buttercup, well I'm on day 5 now. I'm in work (they're very supportive which is lucky) but my head feels like cotton wool and I just feel so anxious and a bit hopeless.

Yes week two is side effect week! You sound like you've got a lot on your plate at the moment. Do you have anyone around to support you?X

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information