Thread: I am SOOO worried about my headaches PLEASE help😞

I am SOOO worried about my headaches PLEASE help😞

Hi everyone,

I am new to this site and I am looking for some advice and reassurance please. I have been taking Citalopram for the past 3 and a half months for anxiety.

I keep thinking I have a brain tumor and I'm so frightened I can't take it anymore.
    My headaches are more like pressure behind my nose but no congestion and a dull ache that comes and goes through out the day. I get some nausea sometimes. It's bringing all my anxiety and panic back

I have been to my go and says it's not anything serious and I have had my eyes tested which she said my eyes were healthy except I need glasses which I knew anyway.

I cannot stop thinking about a brain tumor I'm googling all sorts (stupid I know) but I'm convinced I have one. Some sites say people start to loose basic skills like holding a cup now I'm panicking and looking at everything I do which seem to mimic brain tumor symptoms

Is this all anxiety or something more these headaches are the only thing that is worrying me. Can I get advice please guys
    Xxx

Re: I am SOOO worried about my headaches PLEASE help😞

Are you sure it's not your tablet causing your headache iv just started them and iv had bad headache s or it may well be tension headache

It could be I asked my doctor but he didn't seem to answer me straight. I have been on them for over 3 months now so I never really thought about the meds?

Hi, Misskirsty! So sorry to hear you are in knots with worry. Most of the time headaches are not caused by brain tumors. Those are actually very rare. Stress, anxiety, meds, and needing eye glasses, however, can most definitely cause headaches. This is probably what is happening in your case. Try to take comfort in what your gp told you and if you need a little extra help with the worry, your doc should be able to help you with that as well. Hope you feel better soon.

Thanks guys hope to get relief soon if it's not one thing it's another. Xx

If you were having headaches because of a tumour the optician should have seen pressure behind you eyes

Quote Originally Posted by Misskirsty View Post
    It could be I asked my doctor but he didn't seem to answer me straight. I have been on them for over 3 months now so I never really thought about the meds?
    I am in the same boat. Headaches everyday, eyes tested with camera all okay, neuro exam okay but still worried. I wish they would ban Dr. Google makes my life a misery

Thread Information