Thread: My symptoms are scaring me?

My symptoms are scaring me?

Ok, idk how long this will be but I'll try to make it short.

[Backstory]
    In November last year, I had a seizure while I was tripping on shrooms. Before then, I had no anxiety or it was very mild. But after that happened, I have become completely worried about my health and anything I feel "shouldn't be there". That experience scared the living crap out of me. I even gave up smoking weed, because it just gave me panic attacks. I am very scared of having another seizure, but I've had doctors tell me that I will probably be fine as long as I stay away from that kind of stuff, which I have no problem with.

[Now for my symptoms]
    At first I had severe light sensitivity, I couldn't even look at a TV or anything. And I just wanted to die honestly, I felt like my mind was going crazy and I just didn't want to think about everything anymore. I have gotten better now, but I am still very anxious and hypersensitive of my vision and it scares me a lot. I'm on Buspar and Lexapro, and I think it does help some. But now my symptoms are trouble catching my breath, feels like I'm suffocating and that's followed by chest tightness and that just increases my anxiety. As far as my vision, it scares me the most. I feel like I'm seeing floaters constantly and sometimes flashes of light and I can't focus on anything for to long. It all gets way worse at night, whenever I try to fall asleep at night I usually get flashbacks to when I had that seizure and I start panicking. I also get headaches, but it doesn't hurt really bad. It just feels like a tension on my brain and that worries me a little bit too. Sometimes whenever I look at the ceiling at night, I can see it breathing slightly, which is what I remember from tripping and that usually makes me panic quiet a bit.

Have any of you experienced things like this? I know you probably have, but it would be great to get some feedback from you lovely people.

Re: My symptoms are scaring me?

I definitely had these symptoms and that was without taking drugs so please stay off them and keep yourself healthy!

Fear not, I have been there, it will ease over time as you learn to control your anxiety

Sensitivity to light is a common symptom of anxiety, it is because your pupils get dilated. I had this and my vision got too blurry, I also wanted to wear sunglasses even at night.

Thanks guys, it means a lot!

Hey I know exactly how you I have been having vision issues for a few months now . I get flashing out of the corner of my eyes and blurred double vision I have seen many Drs and they can't find a problem.the feeling of suffocation and not being able to take a deep refreshing breath is common and I have been feeling like this again off and on all week.
    When I take a deep breath my chest hurts on the heart side and it's like a stabbing sharp pain .
    I too have described to my GP that if I sit in the dark and look at the floor it looks like it is moving .
    Anxiety can do a whole manner of things to our body's the thing is the more freaked out we become the more we fear and the worst the feeling. If you keep taking deep or shallow breaths then your chest will feel sore and painful.
    I always end up feeling like I have been walking in the cold air ( if that makes sense) .
    I hope you find some comfort on here these guys are amazing and have been there at my worst times .

Thread Information