Thread: Starting yet again

Starting yet again

Hi, I have suffered on and off with anxiety and unwanted thoughts and feelings for many years now, maybe about 20. I have also taken Fluoxetine for some of this time, off and on. The cycle is pretty familiar - get anxiety, see the doc, go on the tablets, feel better than gradually wean myself off them. Repeated probably 30 times! I have also had therapy to try to get to the bottom of it all and finally beat it.

Generally, I take 20mg per day, but it has increased to 30 occasionally.

So I have just spent the last 10 weeks symptom-free and it has been wonderful. I have seen a new therapist who is great. However on Monday morning I just had a very small thought which has over the week built itself up to one massive anxiety, taking over my waking hours and disrupting my sleep. I'd gradually stopped the tablets before Christmas, thinking I was all better, not telling anyone though.

Why do I do this to myself? Sorry if this seems like collating of random thoughts. Just want to feel right again. Just normal.

xx

Re: Starting yet again

Maybe it's best just to stay on the medication. It's not going to do any harm and saves the up down cycle!

I agree its easy to slip back when your feeling better it will save u alot of hassell of the ups and down x

Yes you are probably right.... I've just been to doc's and she did say that the advice for people who have been on and off it numerous times like me is to stay on it for at least 2 years of feeling well.
    X

Im glad u have managed to resolve your issues xxxx

Well I wouldn't say they're resolved by any stretch of the imagination! But at least I have a longer term plan now, with the fluoxetine combined with the therapy. Xx

Thread Information