Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: My diary of starting Prozac again-post natal anxiety/depression

My diary of starting Prozac again-post natal anxiety/depression

Hi all,

This is the third time I am taking prozac. I was really silly and weaned off when I discovered I was 12 weeks' pregnant. I was really worried about how it would affect the baby

I was fine for the remainder of the pregnancy. However, straight after birth I started shaking. This subsided, but then I woke every morning with a sense of dread. I coped with this ok. However, it gradually got worse along with pressures of parenting a newborn. Yesterday, I spent the whole day shaking and all night too-so I cannot sleep.

My husband had enough and just told me to down one of the Prozac tablets that I still have from last time.

I am really nervous as when I took them before, I got much worse-even though that was inconceivable at the time. I am terrified as I have a newborn (5 week old son) who I love to bits, but need to look after 24/7.

If there are any positive stories, particularly from those who have recovered from post natal depression/anxiety-I would love to hear from you.

Re: My diary of starting Prozac again-post natal anxiety/depression

Hi im only on day 3 i used to suffer with pnd too after the birth of my 2nd child i tried two others back then before fluoxoteine im having to go back on them as ive noticed my mood is swinging back and for before my period and after im sorry i cant help you much but i have felt mine have started working from day 1 wether or not this is a placebo effect im unsure but i have been feeling better but with side effects also im hoping they are not going to last too long x

Hey Buttercup,

Glad to see you are on day 3 and doing ok. Keep me posted on how you are doing.

What happened when you had post natal depression?

Best wishes,

Sally

i was in an emotionaly abusive relationship which i was not aware of at the time it didnt occur to me that my ex partners actions would lead to me having a nervous breakdown along with pnd i was lucky enough to attend a prams meeting through my health visitor one a week for twelve weeks which i found helpful when the anti ds didnt work i sought out holistic alternitives i e homeopathic doctor hypnotherepy self hypnosis multi vitamins etc i got myself in a really good place but due to recent stresses and pms i could feel myself sliding and wanted to catch it in time before it got worse! im due to start university soon so im hoping with the meds and something new to focus on its gonna help alot my doctor seems to think i have ptsd too as my ex started his antics last weekend and i started to slide again xxxxx

Quote Originally Posted by Mrsmitchell1984 View Post
    Hi all,

This is the third time I am taking prozac. I was really silly and weaned off when I discovered I was 12 weeks' pregnant. I was really worried about how it would affect the baby

I was fine for the remainder of the pregnancy. However, straight after birth I started shaking. This subsided, but then I woke every morning with a sense of dread. I coped with this ok. However, it gradually got worse along with pressures of parenting a newborn. Yesterday, I spent the whole day shaking and all night too-so I cannot sleep.

My husband had enough and just told me to down one of the Prozac tablets that I still have from last time.

I am really nervous as when I took them before, I got much worse-even though that was inconceivable at the time. I am terrified as I have a newborn (5 week old son) who I love to bits, but need to look after 24/7.

If there are any positive stories, particularly from those who have recovered from post natal depression/anxiety-I would love to hear from you.
    Hi Mrsmitchell,
    I just want to say that you should probably check with your doctor before you restart prozac, maybe some other meds will work better. And, the doctor will know what to do.
    Congrats on your baby .
    Wish you the best of luck.

Oh dear- I am really worried now.

---------- Post added at 15:48 ---------- Previous post was at 15:42 ----------

I am sorry to hear about the abusive relationship - are there kids involved.
    I am a family solicitor (on matenity leave) and can help where possible.

Best wishes,

Sally

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you or anything, the point of seeing a dr is just that you might not even need an antidepressant - maybe just an anti-anxiety med that works right away, like xanax, or clonazepam. Or, you can get that relief from the dr in addition to the prozac so you can feel a bit better while you are waiting for prozac to kick in.

Ah ok-no problem

I am day 2 now. The 6 weeks when yet are supposed to kick in seems so far away.

Last night I had insomnia- I woke up after 2 hours and eventually managed to get back to sleep and then my newbom woke me at 4pm for a feed. I was really sleepy at that point which was good as I felt relaxed for once (the night before I was shaking all night). But then I woke around 6 (my newborn is a noisy sleeper and is on the mosses basket next to me in bed). I didn't have my usual feelings of dread, which is good, but my stomach was churning, I was hot and sweaty with a dry mouth. It was awful. Only feeling better now as I have got up and walked around.

Not sure what today has in store for me....

---------- Post added at 07:33 ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 ----------

I want to add that I did get better when I took the tablets on the two occasions before. I have just seen that I did not put that on my initial post.

give the tablets 3 weeks and you should start seeing an improvement,being a mother is hard especially with a new born so dont think its all about depression and anxiety
    You will get there just try and stay as positive as you can and lean on others for support ,dont try and get through this by yourself
    Last edited by MrAndy; 06-02-15 at 10:06.

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information