Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: venlafaxine increase side effects

venlafaxine increase side effects

Hi, I had my ven increased 8 days ago by 37.5mg so from 150mg to now 187.5mg and im not feeling any better yet infact the side effects are scaring me, im nauseas, tired, shaky, weird dreams and my anxiety has been heightened and my tummy just feels nervous all the time, I feel worse to be honest. Is this normal? And how long should it last? I'm loosing all hope XX

Re: venlafaxine increase side effects

Forgot to say, I increased last Thursday and side effects didn't kick in until Monday?

Hi Nic,

Yep, all normal. I had the same when I increased and I know it's worse when you go over 150 as that's when the noradrenaline effects kick in. It will settle down but it takes a couple of weeks so stick with it

Pip xxx

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thanks Pip, im really panicking as I feel dreadful XX

I know, it's horrible. You'll start to feel better soon though. Honest!

Look after yourself

P xx

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hello, Nic!
    Are you managing to hang in there? Pip is right, this is the level where you will be able to take benefit from norepinephrine as well as serotonin. It might be said that this is "why" we are prescribed the venlaxafine, rather than just an ssri. Be gentle with yourself, and give it a few more days. Try not to focus on "results" just now, but at the same time, after a month on this dose, don't be afraid to do another 37.5 boost if you are not quite where you want to be. I did, and am now very happy with 225!

I never thought I would go up to this dose, but it was what was needed, at least this first winter of the new med. I have days now where I feel the old happiness creeping back in, a complete 180 from where I was at a year ago. Of course, touch base with your doc, but mine had told me to just adjust the dosing as I felt comfortable doing. I know when we're a bit wobbly it's difficult to imagine feeling"comfortable" with an increase, but once you get there, (and it won't be long) you will too. And the further increase was not accompanied by this kind of side effects. It's the norepinephrine threshold thing. Good luck!

Hi thanks sad, im hanging in there by the skin of my teeth really, my anxiety is still very much heightened and I've had the most awful visible shakes today especially my hands. It's been 10 days now on the increase so hoping it settles soon, strange how the side effects didn't kick in until Monday tho....I guess it was really getting into my system then? I have had to resort to a Diazepam today, I'll keep going tho and praying it gets better XX

I think you should talk to your doctor if these side effects don't settle down very soon as ven can either work very well at higher doses or not suit at all. This happened to my daughter.

I do hope that you are feeling better today but it's absolute hell to feel as you do and I hope the diazepam is giving you some relief?

Thanks pulisa, the side effects have been much more manageable today, the anxiety hasn't been as heightened so I'm hoping things are settling down...fingers crossed XX

Hi Nicola

Sorry to hear this have got no better and your having to up your dose. Havnt you been on 187.5 before?
    It sounds like today might be your turning point! Really hope so.
    You doing great ! Those symptoms are terrible and enough to knock anybody sideways so somebody with anxiety issues its twice as hard because we get the horrible thought that make us question every symptom.
    Stay strong if you can manage it, and keep telling it to b.. Off as for the physical symptoms it's harder but I really hope it's the turning point now.
    Take care x B

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information