Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: venlafaxine increase side effects

Re: venlafaxine increase side effects

Its still a step though and they add up so its important to keep doing them.

I can understand you feel bad about missing out on the parents evening. Think of it like a physical illness though, that would stop you going and you would still feel a bit guilty & annoyed but would very easily accept that its not practical to attend. Mental illness needs to be no different in that respect because its not that you are dealing with a goal here, you are dealing with an unexpected medication issue and think of it just in terms of medication because if you had side effects from any non mental health medication and were throwing up all day...you wouldn't go and that would be just the way it is in anyones eyes.

I don't know how any of that works thesedays but maybe if your child has a form tutor or something, you can chase this up in a bit when this passes?

Don't feel bad about the Diazepam, thats why they give it out to people starting on SSRI/SNRI's anyway. You hang out as long as you can and then you just need some respite. Its impossible to understand how 24 7 constant higher adrenaline feels, its puts anyone on their knees in desperation eventually.

Yeah, I found relaxation impossible back then. I often couldn't understand how I was managing to sleep given how wired I was all day. I found Duloxetine didn't cause me any issues there and in fact, I slept pretty well.

If nothing is working, try distraction techniques, the ones that are more for panic attacks eg concentrate on an objectr very intently for a least a few minutes. Things like that.

Try and follow a guided breathing exercise of some kind. Something which asks you to monitor your chest moving, as it can be distracting due to the focussing.

I really don't know what to suggest other than things like this because I remember nothing worked for me but I was also afraid of trying things for making it worse. If you haven't retreated so far, trying some of these things could help.

Take care.

I've just spoke to the crisis team who said my heightened anxiety could well be a side effect from the increase which should hopefully pass, they said to give it a few more days then to ring my physc's secretary if I'm no better........I'm so confused, this is unbearable xx

I really feel for you and can fully appreciate how you must be terrified.

In my opinion your psych's office has just fobbed you off. You need relief from this severe agitation and cannot possibly get anywhere until your nervous system has calmed down to a point where you can use self-help measures.

Can you see a GP or speak to a duty psych tonight or at least first thing tomorrow? I honestly think that you need more help than just a wait it out attitude. Each minute can seem like an age in this state, can't it?

Yes Pulisa it certainly can, unfortunately my Gp is on leave this week otherwise I would go to see him, i think I am going to ring my physc's secretary in the morning, tomorrow it will be 2 weeks since I increased and it's honestly unbearable at the moment altho at the moment the anxiety has calmed down alot, I've took 2mg of Diazepam this morning but to be honest it didn't touch me, i really had to try hard and not beg my husband to not go to work tonight and leave me on me own I felt that terrified by the extent of my anxiety. It doesn't help that my mums on holiday for 2 weeks and she's usually the one I turn to when I'm in a high state of anxiety, she's like my safe person so I'm missing her terribly which isn't helping I guess XX

---------- Post added at 21:32 ---------- Previous post was at 21:28 ----------

The only hope I've got is that this dose worked for me last time and I was stable so I'm literally clinging onto that and praying it does again XX

I really hope it does but I think you are suffering excessively. Maybe you feel really vulnerable and frightened as you have just endured a loss with your miscarriage and also your Mum is not available just when you need her most (not that I'm blaming her for being away).

You've been through a huge ordeal and must be grieving? Just maybe all the sadness and anger at your loss is manifesting itself in this awful agitation? Whether it's from side effects of the ven increase or from life circumstances you need help and relief sooner rather than later in my opinion. Can your partner be with you tomorrow to help you access help?

Thanks Pulisa, the miscarriage was very traumatic for both me and my husband and I realise I'm grieving too for my lost baby so that won't be helping my anxiety at all either, the strange thing was whilst I was experiencing my miscarriage which was very lengthy and drawn out I coped amazingly with no anxiety at all which shocked me but I was very numb at the time and literally going thro the motions. My husband works nights so will be around at home all day tomorrow. Thankyou for taking your time to reply to me, i really appreciate it XX

We all tend to cope with trauma on auto pilot at the time but it always catches up with us in one shape or form. I'm glad your husband is going to be with you during the day and I'm sure his presence alone will give you a sense of safety. It's just so awful going through this and you wonder how on earth you will get through it...but you will. I do think you should see a medic though just to assess you. Ven is a very powerful drug and you shouldn't be feeling as you do and not seeking help and advice in my opinion. Especially after suffering a miscarriage so recently xx

I know what you mean about moments feeling like a lifetime when you are struggling with the side effects. I was struggling from the second I woke up to very close to bedtime and when I woke up and felt the side effects kick straight in (adrenaline rushes) I felt myself falling apart as I just couldn't take it anymore. The last 2 days, I had the Diazepam. I resulted taking Zopiclone which I viewed as an accomplishment but my SNRI wasn't causing insomnia thankfully or things would have been much worse.

How are you feeling now Nicola?

Part of me agrees with the Crisis Team but only because of my own experience with a norepinephrine based medication. I know they say its 30 days for the side effect window but this has always been for the general side effects and I found my anxiety was too extreme but I think that the short window I had (8-10 days) must be connected to that so that in someone else, the increased anxiety may be less severe but over a longer period.

If it is still happening, then maybe they can recommend something to calm it down. Other than that, they may consider whether you are still suited to this medication and hopefully you can avoid that discussion.

Hi, im still struggling but wed and last night I felt alot calmer so is that progress? I'm not as panicky this morning just feel odd if you understand that? I've decided to give it until Monday then I will ring my physc's secretary if I'm no better and go and see my own Gp who will be back from leave, I have taken Diazepam the last few days...I thought bugger it I need some respite and help but to be honest 2mg doesn't do an awful lot, maybe takes the edge off only slightly XX

Well I phoned my physc's secretary but physc not in until Monday so she transfered me onto a cpn who said it's def the increase in ven causing my heightened anxiety and apparently this is is normal and what happens before you start to level out, she's told me to take Diazepam to help and give another 4-5 days, it did reassure me a bit but doesn't stop me feeling like utter shite!! XX

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information