Thread: need some encouragement

need some encouragement

This is my 5th week, 3 wks on 10mg and 2 on 20mg...it's been an ok week but I do have to take xanax daily. If I don't, I am a nervous, terrified wreck. When I do take 0.25 mg (lowest dose), I get some clarity and even some interests in things like cleaning and watching tv. But I am terrified that I will get addicted to xanax, or that I already am...

This morning is bad.
    Maybe I am nervous about seeing my therapist today... I get to talk and it makes me anxious.

Anyway, I am just wondering if this feeling of being terrified of everything but not knowing what exactly will ever go away? I am so tired of waking up in the morning and thinking "another day of this..."
    Going to sleep seems to be the best part of the day, will I ever get to the point where I am looking forward to waking up?

Life is beautiful, yet I feel it's passing me by. I see people smiling and enjoying their morning coffee, and all I can think of is - how in the world are they able to do that? What is wrong with me? When will it end?

This is the hardest thing I have even experienced, and I have been through a lot in my life, including war. Nothing compares to this.

I so desperately want to live again....and feel joy.

Re: need some encouragement

Hi i cant comment that well as im only on day 5 i hope your doing ok
    buttercup

That nervousness does pass eventually! It might be that your dose needs to go up again, or more likely it just needs to settle in!

I started on 20mg, and it took 6 weeks at that dose before I started to feel vaguely normal! I still have 'off' days but over all feeling a lot better and a lot more positive. Even if i'm feeling panicky it allows me to keep some perspective on it and stops it spiraling out of control

Stick with it, it'll pass.

Buttercup - thank you. I guess same advice goes for us both - hang in there! We will eventually get where we need to...but the road is VERY bumpy...how are you doing so far?

CA88 - thank you too. I am so glad to hear that you are doing so good! For me, the last few weeks have been a real roller coaster. Today, however, I suddenly feel better. I am reading the news this morning instead of prozac info (lol). Still taking anti-anxiety pills but my doctor said there will be less and less need for them in the next few weeks. I gotta trust someone.
    How are you doing today?

Quote Originally Posted by cuphalfempty View Post
    Buttercup - thank you. I guess same advice goes for us both - hang in there! We will eventually get where we need to...but the road is VERY bumpy...how are you doing so far?

CA88 - thank you too. I am so glad to hear that you are doing so good! For me, the last few weeks have been a real roller coaster. Today, however, I suddenly feel better. I am reading the news this morning instead of prozac info (lol). Still taking anti-anxiety pills but my doctor said there will be less and less need for them in the next few weeks. I gotta trust someone.
    How are you doing today?
    I'm doing okay thanks! I still have SOME of the symptoms I had before, which leads me to think that they are just 'normal' things that I began to exaggerate in my head. Now instead of immediately jumping to life threatening diagnosis, I just sort of think, okay well we will see if it goes away, if it does, I don't need to worry.

The medication hasn't cured me, and I can see why people say a combination of CBT with drugs is best, but it's certainly given me more space in my head to think, and I don't spend all day thinking about how I feel anymore. I'm able to do things and enjoy things around it, and keep perspective on my thoughts.

Hi CA88,
    Did you end up increasing the dose at the end? Or you are still on 20mg?

Your post is amazing, actually, I am looking forward to getting where you are

What week are you?

Hugs!

I'm on about week 7 now, I'm sort of loosing count as I spend less time thinking about me and more time getting on with life.

I increased my dose for about 3 days and found it was making me feel rather manic for the first few hours, kinda hyperactive and I didn't like it. So I dropped back to 20
    Knowing that if I need to I can increase at any time as that's what I'm now officially prescribed.

I hope you feel better soon! I still have odd moments - like just now. Woken up from sleep with a pain in my arm convinced myself I was having heart attack for some reason. Had to do some bits and pieces including popping on here to distract me before I get stuck in a thought loop.

It's a journey and I'm improving, so I have to focus on the positives

I know what you mean about the odd moments....anxiety can be such a b*tch! The stuff I worry about sometimes is literally too embarrassing to share, lol.

But, as long as you can distract yourself, you are golden.

Keep up the good work!

Thread Information