Thread: Scared of this tonsilitis :(

Scared of this tonsilitis :(

Hello, about 2 months ago, I got a really really bad bout of tonsilitis to the point where I was bed bound and it was difficult to move because of aches and pains. I though it'd be the last of it. Yes it cleared up of course, the time before I had it in September.

Now, I think I have it again, I've had a cold all week (sniffles, blocked nose etc.) and I thought this sore/swollen throat was part of it. And it hurt to swallow food so I had a look at my tonsils and they're starting to have white spots on them again :( I don't feel near as bad as last tome, just chills sometimes and obviously the painful throat. Now it seems silly but obviously I've got to face the weekend with it and the tought of knowing I can't treat it petrifies me. I don't want it to turn deadly or i don't want to get worse because I can't afford to stay in bed this time because I'm on work experience with my university. An it'll be my last week.

I'm trying to calm down but I can't seem too. I'm fed up of taking tablets (last week I had anti biotics for ear pain which apparently was actually my throat causing the pain even though my throat didn't hurt) and I get scared I'm gonna become resistant if I keep taking anti biotics. I jus don't know if I can get through these 2 days with it :( will I be okay do you think? :(

Re: Scared of this tonsilitis :(

Try just eating soup and drinking water, gargle with salt water often. I use numbing throat spray when my throat hurts. But if it hurts bad enough you can't eat or drink then def see a dr for antibiotics. Popcicle are good too to help with swelling. Good luck and hope u feel better!

Thread Information